Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My name is Pete, im Canadian, im going to school in Kansas, and I just bought DHG #2744.
Im looking to take the stock mufflers off to save thier life so I can put them back on again another day a while down the road.
While im at it I figured I should throw a MAC O/R H on there too but stick with the stock tubing all the way back.
What is the stock exhaust tube size? And should I go with a couple Flowmaster 40's? 2.25"?

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
First off, my condolences on being Canadian :wink: Just kidding welcome to IMBOC and the Canadian/USA thing goes on constantly.

This may help you make some decisions. If not, just type in "exhaust" in the search feature or go to the BULLITT ARCHIVE tab at the top of the page.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152939&highlight=exhaust

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Stock GT/Bullitt exhaust is listed as 2 1/4 OD. But it varies all over,to the low side,depending where you measure,due to the way the tubing is formed. The tubing necks down to 2 inch at the entrance and exit of the Bullitt mufflers.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i have MAC offroad H and flowmasters, yo cna listen here to see what you think...

anmd yeah, 2.25 is stock, i had them run 2.5 from the MAC pipe to the muffs, and then 3 inch to the tips (which are 4inch!!!)... they had to cut out the original from a bad patch job anyway, so i figured why not...

shaun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts