Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone wants to know but our stock/tires rims weigh 55 lbs each. That is a pretty light combo. I was able to keep the same weight with my new wheel/tire package.
You are looking at about 6 lbs to 10 lbs more in the 20" wheel/tire in the Bullitt design. Something to consider if you are performance minded. Not everyone can afford Bogarts which are probable the best lightest wheels sold for the 1/4 mile guys. This may be useless info but it may help when installing a new wheel/tire combo to check rim plus tire weight when comparing. I am going to get my Bullitt weighed next week on certified scales as a base-line for future mods.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well; considering that these 18x8.5" Axis wheels weigh in at only 16# each, I think our stock wheels are pretty heavy...

I think they'd look pretty good on the Bullitt too, along with some sticky Nitto NT-01 maybe..?

Not sure what those tires weigh, but I think those tires & wheels would make a fun canyon carving combo.

:dhg08:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you go to the Nitto web site the weight is listed by size & tire. Usually it comes in a down loadable PDF format. From 29 lbs to 31 lbs would be my guess on the tires plus add a little for balance weights & tire sensors. So about 46 lbs to 48 lbs. ea.
save 7 lbs to 9 lbs, Price???? Nice wheels!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
The Axis wheels are expensive, but not too for such a light wheel..
They're on Sam Strano's site at $475 each. Seems that any really light wheels cost about that or more.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I like these for the price of one light weight I can get a set of four of these staggered. They come in at about 55 lbs.

These are the front 9"x18"

·
Registered
627 Posts
They look great.
I really like the look of our stock wheels too, but was always taught that "form follows function".
I wish the Bullitt/TorqueThrust style weighed less though.
A wheel I'd like to see, is a magnesium Minilite in 18x9"...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use to have some true Mag wheels in the 60's & they where light. I got my set of the above wheels at a great price I couldn't turn down.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Blindmelon said:
I use to have some true Mag wheels in the 60's & they where light. I got my set of the above wheels at a great price I couldn't turn down.
Yeah; real mag is super light! They need more maintenance than aluminum alloy, though.

So; where did you get your new beauties from?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'll be leaving the stock wheels on for normal use and I'll be getting a set of Compomotive MO's with racing stickies for track days...

These are the standard white ones, but I'll be getting them in Dark Grey to keep the 'look' of the Bullitt as similar as possible...
These go for about $500 each...

Used them before and they're a great race wheel...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Does anyone know wheel and tire specs for drag slick and front skinny combo for 1/4 mile Bullitt? The other wheels are nice but I would like 1/4 mile capability if I invest in a new set. That way you can do more.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Nitto NT555R's are a good street/strip DR that comes in a lot of sizes. These guys have pretty good prices. You can change these at home & drive to the track on them. I think Jeg's or Summit have the biggest selection of front runner's. The 197 body style can run up to a 315 size tire with a 305-35-18 being a good all around size for the rear & still stay short enough not to effect the diameter of the factory tire used.
http://www.steeda.com/products/nitto_nt_555r_extreme.php

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Blindmelon said:
I like these for the price of one light weight I can get a set of four of these staggered. They come in at about 55 lbs.

These are the front 9"x18"

So that is what they look like.........

They will look Sharp on the Bullitt with a much Larger Foot-Print .......

Nice Pics ........

And the price was right for 4-of them. :clap:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Arkady001 said:
I'll be leaving the stock wheels on for normal use and I'll be getting a set of Compomotive MO's with racing stickies for track days...

These are the standard white ones, but I'll be getting them in Dark Grey to keep the 'look' of the Bullitt as similar as possible...
These go for about $500 each...

Used them before and they're a great race wheel...
Rob,

That manufacture goes back a long ways.

Heck, they would have to for Me to remember them :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Nice wheels........

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Bullitt with Big feet, ohh ya.
Can you tell its raining in Minnesota?
I am burning up the forums

·
Registered
930 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Rob,
That manufacture goes back a long ways.
Heck, they would have to for Me to remember them :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Nice wheels........

tigerhonaker

I know...I like to stay with what I know works best - I had these on my old Sierra RS-Cosworth 4x4 back in the day and they were awesome...nothing much to look at but very, very good wheels...
Used to be available only in white, but now they come in black, grey and even gold (I guess for the Scoobie (Scoobie-Doo = Subaru) crowd)...

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Arkady001 said:
I know...I like to stay with what I know works best - I had these on my old Sierra RS-Cosworth 4x4 back in the day and they were awesome...nothing much to look at but very, very good wheels...
Used to be available only in white, but now they come in black, grey and even gold (I guess for the Scoobie (Scoobie-Doo = Subaru) crowd)...
Rob,

Yes, I remember the White ones for sure.

Black would be good these days I think.......

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
930 Posts
They do a grey/gunmetl that is almost exactly like the anthracite Bullitt wheels we have...but since they'll only see the inside of the Nurburgring and Mallory Park racetracks it really matters not...lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts