Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out enjoying the evening in #745 at the local strip mall (better for cruising 'cause everyone can see you!! :smile: ) and parked half way out the lot to go into Champs. As I got to the walkway a guy and his on were siting there and he asked "Is that one of those Bullitt's?" Told him yes and he said it was the first he has seen in person. He said he had read several articles on the car and thought it was a good idea that Ford made it. He repeatedly told me to keep it because he says it will be worth something someday. We then got into general car talk that always ended up saying how the Bullitt is like the original muscle car with the head snapping tourqe and the low-key appearence of the car compared to flashier "show" cars. He said his brother has a 98 Ram-Air Firebird that he says is nice but its not like the old muscle cars. Even though he doesn't have a Bullitt I told him about the site and the overall appreciation of American muscle cars by our members. And by the way, from the list of cars he said he's had, he soundsd like a GM man. Makes his noticing and appreciating the Bullitt that much sweater! :grin:
Cam

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-11-02 22:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
I don't think the Bullitt is like old muscle cars at all. First, it brakes extremely well & second, it handles better than any car I've owned. I think the 98 WS6 is much more akin to older muscle: It's fast, but uncomfortable & kinda slippy in the turns.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a True Blue #2990 Bullitt along with a 2002 Trans Am Ram Air WS6. The Bullitt handles very nicely but I also have to say the Ram Air handles nicely as well. Both cars are a dream to drive.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I would agree that it's like the old Muscle cars but you need to compare it to say a BMW? I took a ride in a new BMW the other day and it has excellent pickup, but it's so smooth that you don't get the feel of the road like you do in the Bullitt;-)... The Bullitt is a lot like my 1968 Mustang;-)... But yes the Bullitt does stop much better<G>. The 68 has drum breaks all the way around and you need to grab hold of the stearing wheele with both hands and then put both feet on the break. Pull hard on the wheel and hope you stop in time<G>.

Ahhh those were the days;-)... Crusing down 4th street in Santa Rosa CA, burning the tires at each intersection and getting photos in both Hot Rod and Car Craft;-)...

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I hear ya;-)...

Life was good back then as long as I did not have to turn. :wink: ...

Bud's Bullit #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-04 10:25 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts