Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you guys had the same problem I have. Each time I pass on a bump there's this clicking noise coming from under the driver's seat that annoys me pretty much.
Did someone find a way to fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I have not heard this noise. #852 is as quite as a mouse (except for the roaring that comes out of the back).

WOW you have the Y2K Bullitt. Impressive.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
not quite, but every now and then at random I hear a click that sounds exactly like the turn signal 'clicker' - just one click, not more. Might be twice in one day, or not for a week, but I hear it fairly frequently.

I not bad enough to irritate me, yet... I am hoping that it goes away on it's own as the car continues to break in.

Oh, and welcome to the club. Nice to see another 'Euro' Bullitt, especially one numbered so close to mine. :)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
2ndSwissBullit said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you guys had the same problem I have. Each time I pass on a bump there's this clicking noise coming from under the driver's seat that annoys me pretty much.
Did someone find a way to fix it?

Thanks
It's the ratchet of the Seat-motor Installation Midget - they rushed yours out the door so fast, he didn't have time to finish-up and is still in there, tightening down the bolts.............

·
Registered
144 Posts
kinda-sorta

I had a clicking like sound 1st heard at highway speeds, it seemed to come from behind the glove box. The sound then moved to inside the drivers door, or at least left side forward and not in the cabin, but in the body. (as opposed to something dragging outside) The sound seemed vaguely computerlike, like a 1999 gateway thinking about a task. It would start for no apparent reason, sometimes lasting 10-15 mins. The sound was present off & on all the way to Alaska. 0457 had 7k miles on her by the time we got home. It suddenly stopped (I think, I rarely drive around at 50 or 60 with the windows up) I've been out on a job, so I'll have to check it out when I get home. I found that if I leave the windows down & go fast, I don't hear it. I'll see if it's still there & take it in for a dealer to listen.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
daytonadave said:
... all the way to Alaska. 0457 had 7k miles on her by the time we got home. It suddenly stopped (I think, I rarely drive around at 50 or 60 with the windows up) I've been out on a job ...

hmmm, this is just a shot in the dark, you don't happen to work anywhere near Dead Horse, do you?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Quite a ways from Deadhorse actually, Eagle River (Anchorage). And it might be nice if it was a croc......I could use some floor mats.:lol: :lol: :lol: I just read your post again Mike, you said "work", not "live". I'm working in Illiamna right now, but usually I work in Cook Inlet out of Nikiski.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Eagle River is now a part of Anchorage, it takes about 20-25 mins to get downtown. If you haven't been in Spenard in a while, a lot has changed, the Fly by night club closed and Mr Whitekey's has a bit on chan 2 news on the weekend. Is the Rotorway, (kit helicopters) company still in Chandler ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
daytonadave said:
If you haven't been in Spenard in a while, a lot has changed, the Fly by night club closed and Mr Whitekey's has a bit on chan 2 news on the weekend. Is the Rotorway, (kit helicopters) company still in Chandler ?
Let me put it this way, when my family left Alaska there were still piles of large diameter pipes sitting down by Kenai... and the Iditarod was still part of the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous. :lol: It amazes me every time I think about Anchorage that its been 35 years since I left! :shock: Yikes!!

Rotorway? yup... their offices are about 7 or 8 miles from me! :smile:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
daytonadave said:
Quite a ways from Deadhorse actually, Eagle River (Anchorage). And it might be nice if it was a croc......I could use some floor mats.:lol: :lol: :lol: I just read your post again Mike, you said "work", not "live". I'm working in Illiamna right now, but usually I work in Cook Inlet out of Nikiski.

Ahhh, ok.

Only reason I was asking is because I was offered a job in Anchorage last year. The office was in town, but the actual work was out of Dead Horse (gotta love the oilfield).

Decided not to take the job, Anchorage would have been cool, but I just don't think I could have taken the conditions on the North Slope for very long - especially the winter. I am finding as I get older, my mood is far more dependant on the sun and weather than it ever used to be in my younger days. Even the thought of night lasting almost 2 months hurts... :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.