Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using a simple Actron code scanner all comes up clear, but when I use my SCT SF3, I get a P13ff, and can't clear it. Anyone have any clue what that is? No check engine light is on.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not sure at all. Most OBD-II codes are a letter (p is powertrain, c is chissis, etc) followed by 4 or 5 number digits (can't remember which, it's just too darn early for me) of numbers only. The fact you can't clear it out may mean it it is something in the SCT programmer. Have you called SCT's tech line? They may be able to shed some more light on it for you.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Have you tried looking for sites that can tell you what it is. I cant remember but there used to be one that you could type in your code and see.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've read all those, and that code isn't listed anywhere. Here is the best info I've found so far. I guess I'm going to take it to the Ford dealer and have them check it out and see what's going on.

If the DTC is Manufacture Specific or does not exist for the vehicle, some information can be determined based on the range of the DTC. When displaying Manufacturer specific or non-global codes, the diagnostic trouble codes displays the definition.

P13FF - Manufacturer Controlled Ignition System or Misfire

But shouldn't I be able to clear it?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I think I have it figured out, a trip today during lunch to my buddy's mechanic shop with the Genesis diagnostics should confirm what I think is going on.

The ACTRON scanner to this day still says "No Codes Found"
The SCT still says P13ff

Well, after talking to my mechanic buddy, he's a bit smarter on these things than I am, and he said:

"Since it's not showing as an active code on the Actron, it's probably a pending code, and for some reason the SCT picked it up, and that would explain why it can't clear it, because it's not a hard code yet"

Now, this makes sense because for about a week, there was a slight miss at low rpms under load. Then we changed the plugs and fuel filter, and tested the COPS and it was still there. So we actually professionally cleaned the injectors, not just the in tank additive, and I've run 2 tanks of Exxon 93 octane through it, and no stumble. So it probably never actually kicked the code, it was just pending, because it only stumbled a couple times.

But we'll see today, the Genesis will show all pending codes, and will let us monitor exactly what's going on. I think we have it figured out, stay tuned for details..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.