Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stuck in the FRPP suspension kit a couple of months ago. Car feels great. I noticed afterwards that I was getting almost a knocking sound from the back of the car when going in to driveways, and sometimes starting from a stop. It has gotten progressively worse to the point that when I turn into driveways or angle the rear end in any way, that there is a horrible creaking noise / skronking noise...and still sometimes the sound of knocking...like tapping something against metal. If I push all directions on the rear end when stopped...I can't make any sort of noise. Totally solid. Try rocking the car front to back, side to side...nothing. Also a bit of a creaking noise when I take off from a stop...usually on a hill I think.

I will be taking the car back to the guy that put in the suspension next week...but any ideas from anyone as to what this is? It has to be related to the new suspension obviously...but what could it be?

·
Registered
450 Posts
^^^ what mark said^^^

I had the same problem on my '09, the bracket holding the rear sway bar near the bushing was loose. Try re-tightening that bracket, hopefully that'll cure it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Probably going to need to grease those zerk fittings on the rsb....

·
Registered
969 Posts
i have had the rear sway bar link clunking syndrome too. i don't have the frpp suspension set up, and when changed out my rear springs/shocks, after reinstalling the rear sway bar links, they made noise. they were already really, really tight. i cranked them down a 1/2 trun or so and noise was gone. easy fix.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. So would that account for the creaking noises as well? I guess if the sway bar and bushings are a bit loose it could make weird noises with the bushings as I go into driveways, etc?

·
Registered
450 Posts
blacksun said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. So would that account for the creaking noises as well? I guess if the sway bar and bushings are a bit loose it could make weird noises with the bushings as I go into driveways, etc?
I had the exact same symptoms you described: annoying dull thud at speeds anywhere from 15-45 mph, and creaked pulling out of my driveway or any low elevation changes. Once I had it tightened up, I loosened up.

Check out a similar thread here.

good luck,
Max

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
the creek can come from the bar moving inside the poly bushing..some lube spray lube might fix that noise.My 68 makes that noise but It dont bother me

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update. I figured out what the problem was. Car hadn't seemed to handle quite right...considering I'd stuck in the FRPP suspension, camber/caster plates, and an adjustable panhard bar. I stuck on my GT500 wheels tonight that finally arrived. Took the opportunity on my buddy's hoist to do the swap and starting checking out the rear suspension. I tightened everything that I looked at. Everything seemed tight already...except for the occasional 1/4 turn on something. Then I noticed that the passenger side of my adjustable panhard bar looked kinda jammed. Then I noticed that the lock nut on that side was not tight against the rest of the panhard bar sleeve. Had to undo the bolt...pull out that side of the panhard bar, and tightened it up to the sleeve...really tight! Put everything back in. My God!! The car is driving like a dream now. No more noises...no more creaking, knocking noises...and the car is freakin tight!!!! Especially with the GT500 takeoffs now. So happy!!! The car just didn't feel right before.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey blacksun,
Where did you pick up your FRPP suspension from? Is it necessary to have the camber plates installed when you install the suspension?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wolfie said:
Hey blacksun,
Where did you pick up your FRPP suspension from? Is it necessary to have the camber plates installed when you install the suspension?
Hey there,

I picked it up from a guy named Parm at Jawanda Motorsports out in Surrey. Really good guy...knows his Mustangs very well! Been racing them / working on them for like 15 years. It was a good deal. I think I paid just under $1100. The camber/caster plates are not necessary...just something I always put on my cars for alignment adjustments. They are great...but they do add road noise. Parm's number is 604-597-8886 if you are interested in speaking with him.

·
Registered
282 Posts
blacksun said:
Hey there,

I picked it up from a guy named Parm at Jawanda Motorsports out in Surrey. Really good guy...knows his Mustangs very well! Been racing them / working on them for like 15 years. It was a good deal. I think I paid just under $1100. The camber/caster plates are not necessary...just something I always put on my cars for alignment adjustments. They are great...but they do add road noise. Parm's number is 604-597-8886 if you are interested in speaking with him.
Thanks for the info. I called today and he had the best price around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts