Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed this sound, kind of loud in the 2-3500 RPM range and in 1-3 gears, that sounds like a hollow cylinder vibrating. I seems to appear when I turn the air conditioner on, and disappears when I turn it off. I also seem to remember hearing the same sound before, but it was faint and I didn't have the AC on. It seems to be coming from the front side of the tranny or in the engine compartment, but I haven't pinpointed it yet. Anybody have this problem or any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tocsboat24 said:
Probably a loose heat shield on one of the cats.
It very well could be that...I have heard a rattling lately when the engine is cold until it warms up that sounds like an exhaust part near the front. :idea:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After closer investigation, my new conclusion is that I might have a bad bearing in my AC compressor. The sound changes with the engine RPM, and is only present when the AC is on; it sounds like a winding noise. I guess I need to make an appointment at the dealer, because I sure don't want my AC giving out in this weather!

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it was the AC compressor; it is being replaced once they track one down. I also got the airbag recall taken care of while it is in. They gave me a V6 convertible to drive- B-O-R-I-N-G! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts