Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a company by the name of "automotive testing and development services" called today and said ford had selected me as one of the owners of their manufactured vehicles for testing. this company would come out to my location, plug in their laptop in the car's computer, take a reading and complete the process in about 5 minutes. they had no information as to what ford wanted to know about my car and said i was chosen at random. what ford was going to do with the information was also unknown to them. for my time i would be compensated in the amount of $50. a series of questions were also asked concerning whether my car had been wrecked, repaired, race, modified, or driven for business. an appointment was set up for next week for the company's technician to come over to my house. even though i had forgotten, apparently several months ago, i had fill out a card that i received in the mail from this company and i indicated i would be interested in such a survey. anyone else get one of these or have done this survey before?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Your going to let somebody you don't even know plug into your car for $50. The same car you paid big bucks for? ALARM klaxons would be going off in my head. Never with my car. If Ford wants the info, they can gather it for free at the dealership during a maintenance visit. And you wouldn't even know...

·
Registered
595 Posts
The computer in modern cars record a lot of data some of witch can only be retrieved with a court order or with the drivers’ permission. I do not want anyone digging through my driving habits. I could just image an insurance company basing my rates on one Bullitt computer download. Unless you have babied your car and never exceeded the speed limited I would say don’t do it.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I would call that some very strange stuff...indeed.....i'm with the rest of the guys....no way!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Scammer and Spammer!

Trying to sell you something you don't need.

Forget about it and cancel the appointment!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The owner's manual (p. 6-7) says the following about event data recording: "FMC and FOC do not access event data recorder information without obtaining consent, unless pursuant to court order or where required by law enforcement, other governmental authorities or other third parties acting with lawful authority. Other parties may seek to access the information independently of FMC and FOC."

So maybe it's a legit request by a third party marketer. Still, they can't access it without your consent.

·
Registered
270 Posts
edw794 said:
a company by the name of "automotive testing and development services" called today and said ford had selected me as one of the owners of their manufactured vehicles for testing. this company would come out to my location, plug in their laptop in the car's computer, take a reading and complete the process in about 5 minutes. they had no information as to what ford wanted to know about my car and said i was chosen at random. what ford was going to do with the information was also unknown to them. for my time i would be compensated in the amount of $50. a series of questions were also asked concerning whether my car had been wrecked, repaired, race, modified, or driven for business. an appointment was set up for next week for the company's technician to come over to my house. even though i had forgotten, apparently several months ago, i had fill out a card that i received in the mail from this company and i indicated i would be interested in such a survey. anyone else get one of these or have done this survey before?
I received the same thing about three weeks ago. Immediately trashed it. :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
That would be the last thing I would want Ford to see considering how many times I have bumped into the rev limiter. I am used to a real long 1st gear in my SVT Cobra. The Bullitt is much quicker from 0 to the rev limiter than the Cobra since it doesn't kick in until about 55 mph in 1st.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
If Ford is really having 'automotive testing and development services' do this, you would think you would get an introductory notice from Ford indicating that the automotive testing and development services company would be contacting you to do work on Ford's behalf.

·
Registered
151 Posts
RCSignals said:
If Ford is really having 'automotive testing and development services' do this, you would think you would get an introductory notice from Ford indicating that the automotive testing and development services company would be contacting you to do work on Ford's behalf.
They explained all the information when they mailed it to us. I got one too. The company is and has been collecting data for Ford for the last 3 years.
I'm scheduled to have this done also. But I intend to ask allot of questions before I go letting them plug a laptop into my Bullitt. Some of what they are gathering is info on our dual strategy fuel and ignition timing stuff. Not really sure but I did get the same call. Looks like only California so far.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
since the company appears to be in CA it makes some sense that mostly or only CA Bullitt owners are getting this.
It may also have to do with monitoring for CARB because of the dual octane strategy.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
bmsjr said:
That would be the last thing I would want Ford to see considering how many times I have bumped into the rev limiter. I am used to a real long 1st gear in my SVT Cobra. The Bullitt is much quicker from 0 to the rev limiter than the Cobra since it doesn't kick in until about 55 mph in 1st.
Why is it bad that Ford learns about hitting the limiter? :question:

I mean that's what it's there for - to protect the engine. I've probably hit it a dozen times in 2000 miles (the dark tunnel of the tach & speedo doesn't help!). Just because a new driver hits the limiter some while trying to learn the car to get the max out of the performance we've paid $32k for, shouldn't cause any warranty problems or suggestions of abuse or any insurance issues. If I get any static I'll be in their face over that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.