Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
A buddy of mine had a 69 Z28 when I was in high school. That thing was fast and hard to put the power down, even in a straight line. Street racing is not a good idea no matter what age you are.

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That is tragic but a Z/28 in the hands of a 16 year old?
Depends on how much you like the kid. If not, uou could always put a jug of whisky in the glove compartment, take out a $5 million insurance term policy on the brat,:surprise: then hand him the keys..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ouch! They could not have hit that pole in a worse orientation even using animation.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Ouch! They could not have hit that pole in a worse orientation even using animation.
In 1966 a young airman in the USAF was driving home in the rain on I-95 in his 1964 289 c.i. 4-speed Ford Fairlane coupe. He was so proud to be driving home in his "new" car for the very first time. He couldn't wait for all of his friends to see his hot rod. Unfortunately, he hydroplaned at 70 mph, struck a guardrail and flipped the car end over end, mangling nearly 170 ft of guard rail before coming to rest in a cement culvert. The car was totally destroyed with the roof touching the dashboard, every window gone, and not a square ft of the body left undamaged. Only the drive train was salvageable. Looking at what was left of the car no one believed that anyone could have survived that wreck, but then, miracles sometimes do happen. The young airman actually walked away from the wreck virtually unscathed. He got a ride from a State Trooper who had arrived at the scene, and was taken to the closest city near I-95 so the young airman could continue his journey home by bus. During the ride with the Trooper, the young airman lamented the loss of his car and wept about his life being so dramatically changed. The trooper immediately put things in perspective, saying unequivocally that the young airman should be thankful that he was even alive after that wreck, seat belt or not. He told the young airman to stop whining, get a grip, and be happy to be alive. Those words of wisdom, while they were painful to hear at the time, stayed with the young airman throughout his life. You see, as a child he had been hit by a car and was close to death for several days before miraculously recovering. It took some time, but he eventually figured out that he had survived two nearly life ending events, and that he had better take advantage of the opportunities he would be given, and to live life to the fullest. Those who know him well would say that he has done just that, with an occasional lamentation or maybe even a whine every now and then. May we all live life to the fullest, and may God bless us, everyone.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
That is tragic but a Z/28 in the hands of a 16 year old?
That ‘69 Camaro was just a used car almost a decade old at that point. Probably pretty cheap at the time. When I was in high school in the 80s a friend had a ‘71 442 that he bought for $900 !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts