Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I have a black 08 Bullitt that has no mods on it. I don't think it is going to be a collectors car in the future ,so I was wondering what you guys think of Alloy stripes.
I was thinking of going with vinyl first, and if I like it go with paint later. My 07 mustang GT had Alloy painted stripes and that is what I miss the most!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,863 Posts
if you are looking for silver stripes, I have a complete set ( brand new ) that was for my 07 shelby gt.... all pieces pre measured and pre-cut and factory original ..... looked great on black
if interested let me know

mark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
07 Shelby has a different hood, how would that work out with a plan bullitt hood?
Does the stripes go around the front and back bumper?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
BlackPony said:
Hello all
I have a black 08 Bullitt that has no mods on it. I don't think it is going to be a collectors car in the future ,so I was wondering what you guys think of Alloy stripes.
I was thinking of going with vinyl first, and if I like it go with paint later. My 07 mustang GT had Alloy painted stripes and that is what I miss the most!

"BlackPony"

Do the Real Thing, Paint them Professionally !!!!!!!

That is my Opinion.

If it is worth doing, do it Right !!!!!!!!!

Then every person that comes over and (Touches) the New Stripes want feel any (Edges) as you have the Body/Paint Shop Clearcoat over the Stripes so you cannot feel them.

How do I know about this :confused: :confused: :confused:

Because I have the Tee Shirt and have already been there more than Once.

Good Luck and Take some Pics before and After ...........


Just a Last Comment: Be a Step above the Rest, Paint Them and [Watch] the Faces as they try to Feel the Paint Edges :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,863 Posts
BlackPony said:
07 Shelby has a different hood, how would that work out with a plan bullitt hood?
Does the stripes go around the front and back bumper?

THE 07 SHELBY gt HAS THE EXACT SAME HOOD, JUST A BOLT ON HOOD SCOOP

the stripes go from front bumper to back bumper
look on ebay at 07 shelby GT or send me your email and will email u some pics
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tigerhonaker said:
"BlackPony"

Do the Real Thing, Paint them Professionally !!!!!!!

That is my Opinion.

If it is worth doing, do it Right !!!!!!!!!

Then every person that comes over and (Touches) the New Stripes want feel any (Edges) as you have the Body/Paint Shop Clearcoat over the Stripes so you cannot feel them.

How do I know about this :confused: :confused: :confused:

Because I have the Tee Shirt and have already been there more than Once.

Good Luck and Take some Pics before and After ...........


Just a Last Comment: Be a Step above the Rest, Paint Them and [Watch] the Faces as they try to Feel the Paint Edges :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry
I know what you mean!
I don't want to make a mistake with putting on the stripes!
I love stripes but then I like the totally black Bullitt too.
I thought that the vinyl would give me a chance to see what I think before I commit .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
BlackPony said:
I know what you mean!
I don't want to make a mistake with putting on the stripes!
I love stripes but then I like the totally black Bullitt too.
I thought that the vinyl would give me a chance to see what I think before I commit .
your 07 was black, right? If so, you already know what you think!! Why waste your time and money on the vinyl? AND, you may end up not liking them BECAUSE they are vinyl. I say go for the painted stripes, they are sooooo much nicer, if pocket book permits of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
BlackPony said:
I know what you mean!
I don't want to make a mistake with putting on the stripes!
I love stripes but then I like the totally black Bullitt too.
I thought that the vinyl would give me a chance to see what I think before I commit .
The money you spend for the vinyl stripes can be used for the real painted stripes.

Trust this and I did not choose to tell you this in my other Post.

It is Sad but when (Most People) see something New Like Stripes on a car. Even (Friends) they will come over and Put their finger nail/finger nails on the Edges of the New Stripes and for some unknown reason try to Lift the Edge of the Stripe Up. What happens is usually it will simply do a Small Chip on the edge of the New Stripes.

Example of Painted & Clearcoated Stripes:






The next thing you will hear (Sometimes) is something like this. Man your New Stripes look Great "BUT" if I were doing it I would have Painted them so you cannot feel the Edges. Sound ??? Silly ??? But it is True.

That is why I suggested doing the Painted Stripes with Clearcoat over them.

But only You can do the Final Decision as You Already Know concerning the Stripes. I hope you take my Comments here as a Fellow Bullitthead trying to Help another Member so that person (You) do not have to Hear and Listen to those kind of Comments from others.

Good Luck which ever way you decide to go.

Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,863 Posts
BlackPony said:
I know what you mean!
I don't want to make a mistake with putting on the stripes!
I love stripes but then I like the totally black Bullitt too.
I thought that the vinyl would give me a chance to see what I think before I commit .

plus they are easily removed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
BlackPony said:
I know what you mean!
I don't want to make a mistake with putting on the stripes!
I love stripes but then I like the totally black Bullitt too.
I thought that the vinyl would give me a chance to see what I think before I commit .
If I had a black Bullitt I would stripe it, and probably get chrome rims too. You can go to the Ford Accessories web site and use the Accessorizer tool to see how the Mustang will look with stripes (I don't think that they have Alloy though).

http://www.fordaccessories.com/fas/b2c/home.asp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,503 Posts
My neighbor has a black '06 Gt and put on dark grey metallic stripes , argent bullitts and window tint. Also flat blacked the pony grill emblem and added a small spoiler in place of the wing.

Car looks awsome!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MustangLynda said:
your 07 was black, right? If so, you already know what you think!! Why waste your time and money on the vinyl? AND, you may end up not liking them BECAUSE they are vinyl. I say go for the painted stripes, they are sooooo much nicer, if pocket book permits of course.
My 07 was Alloy with Tungsten stripes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought a GREAT Black Mustang that has a Bullitt package!
It is a cheaper Shelby Gt !!
I feel very lucky too own it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Verbiage can be a good thing...

BlackPony said:
It is a cheaper Shelby Gt !!
I think less expensive , while verbose, would be a more PC term. No need to insult the Global family of `08 Bullitt owners.:construc:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top