Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody still looking for a Kenny Brown shock tower brace? I found them listed at www.v8power.com. for $218.00 each. I e-mailed them and was told they have 5 in stock as of today. I am thinking about ordering one.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
I have one and they are nice and mount without affecting the bullitt sticker.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
does anyone know if they will work with maximum motorsports c/c plates? are there any clearence issues with a vortech blower?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You would do better with a MM k-member brace. They are cheaper and work 100% better.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
DOC1FMF said:
You would do better with a MM k-member brace. They are cheaper and work 100% better.
Why can't you use both? How hard is the install?

·
Registered
656 Posts
5111 said:
Why can't you use both? How hard is the install?
You could use both but why spend money on a shock tower brace that looks good but does nothing to help the handling of the car? You can actually feel a k-member brace do its job. I run a full road race suspension and if I thought a shock tower brace would be a benefit I would have one and be telling my fellow Bullitt Heads to get one.
As far as the install, just 4 bolts in existing holes and you're done. At least for the MM unit. I'm looking at it from the "bang for buck" stand point. If you want a shock tower brace then by all means go for it. I just thought I would share some knowledge I have learned about suspension. Its a less expensive and proven way of improving handling or you can spend $7000+ for a suspension like mine. Just my .02. :smile:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
DOC1FMF said:
You could use both but why spend money on a shock tower brace that looks good but does nothing to help the handling of the car? You can actually feel a k-member brace do its job. I run a full road race suspension and if I thought a shock tower brace would be a benefit I would have one and be telling my fellow Bullitt Heads to get one.
As far as the install, just 4 bolts in existing holes and you're done. At least for the MM unit. I'm looking at it from the "bang for buck" stand point. If you want a shock tower brace then by all means go for it. I just thought I would share some knowledge I have learned about suspension. Its a less expensive and proven way of improving handling or you can spend $7000+ for a suspension like mine. Just my .02. :smile:
Actually, I already have a STB. I bought it because everyone was telling me how good they were and they were almost out of stock. I have not really noticed that it has done much. I've heard very little about a K-member brace, but I like the sounds of it. My suspension is a gradual work in progress. So far I have LCAs, STB, full-length subs, and poly bushings for endlinks and strut towers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
5111 said:
Actually, I already have a STB. I bought it because everyone was telling me how good they were and they were almost out of stock. I have not really noticed that it has done much. I've heard very little about a K-member brace, but I like the sounds of it. My suspension is a gradual work in progress. So far I have LCAs, STB, full-length subs, and poly bushings for endlinks and strut towers.
Well depending on which type of suspension you want street/strip or street/track you have a good foundation. A k-member brace would be a excellent addition. I'm not putting anyone down who has or wants to add a STB. Just information on what your getting for your hard earned cash. Remember in day to day driving you won't feel the difference with either but on the track or that special twisty road section you like that's when it truly works.
For a better handling street car then my suspension is not the way to go. It would be a waste of money. I will never drive my Bullitt hard enough on the street to use this suspension and if I did, then take away the keys and lock my dumba$$ up. But on the track and the guy with the $100,000 Porsche looks up and his mirror is filled with me and my Bullitt and the flagman is waving the faster car flag, Well it doesn't get any better than that! :shine: :-D

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
DOC1FMF said:
Well depending on which type of suspension you want street/strip or street/track you have a good foundation. A k-member brace would be a excellent addition. I'm not putting anyone down who has or wants to add a STB. Just information on what your getting for your hard earned cash. Remember in day to day driving you won't feel the difference with either but on the track or that special twisty road section you like that's when it truly works.
For a better handling street car then my suspension is not the way to go. It would be a waste of money. I will never drive my Bullitt hard enough on the street to use this suspension and if I did, then take away the keys and lock my dumba$$ up. But on the track and the guy with the $100,000 Porsche looks up and his mirror is filled with me and my Bullitt and the flagman is waving the faster car flag, Well it doesn't get any better than that! :shine: :-D
So what would you recommend next for me?

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
I could tell a difference and it has been used for years on mustangs for support of the strut towers. Even factory braces have been put on several mustangs from the factory or from tuners, like Shelby. I think they help.

·
Registered
656 Posts
DragonBullitt said:
I could tell a difference and it has been used for years on mustangs for support of the strut towers. Even factory braces have been put on several mustangs from the factory or from tuners, like Shelby. I think they help.
You are right older style Mustangs benefited from STB's but they were mainly used for on track use. The original Mustang was built as a everyday car not a racer. So chassis and suspension mods had be be added in order for it to compete on the track. Carrol Shelby built Mustangs to be raced.
All car manufacturers put racing style mods on their cars they sell to the public because it helps sell their product. Example: spoilers, on most cars the functionality is zero but they look cool. As I said before I'm looking for the most bang for my buck. I would take a k-member brace over a stb for my car. You prefer a stb so be it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts