Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they even make them for our cars? I know we have a high intake manifold and no cowl in the hood.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
English Bob (very trustworthy) is on record that the V8Power brace is not the same as the Kenny Brown and will not fit without a good bit of modification. Quite a few members also feel the brace does not really provide much or any improvement. Full length subframe connectors help tremendously. A lower k-member brace is supposed to help as well. Check out MM or Steeda.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
English Bob (very trustworthy) is on record that the V8Power brace is not the same as the Kenny Brown and will not fit without a good bit of modification. Quite a few members also feel the brace does not really provide much or any improvement. Full length subframe connectors help tremendously. A lower k-member brace is supposed to help as well. Check out MM or Steeda.
Yeah V8power is the only other company (other than Kenny Brown) that makes a strut brace that does not cover the hologram sticker. but they do not fit very well.

Just go with a new K member or CC plates with new shocks/struts and springs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I installed the KB jacking rails and MM full length frame rails a while back...what a difference! I also replaced the stock g-trac style 2 point brace with the MM 4 point K-member brace and it was definitely noticeable on the front end. I saw a study where they tested front end deflection with and without the brace and found little difference. Can't remember where that was.

If you want your front end to work better, spend $10 and replace the crappy front antiroll bar bushings with a good urethane. That one change made a giant difference in the balance of my car.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Merlyn2220 said:
I installed the KB jacking rails and MM full length frame rails a while back...what a difference! I also replaced the stock g-trac style 2 point brace with the MM 4 point K-member brace and it was definitely noticeable on the front end. I saw a study where they tested front end deflection with and without the brace and found little difference. Can't remember where that was.

If you want your front end to work better, spend $10 and replace the crappy front antiroll bar bushings with a good urethane. That one change made a giant difference in the balance of my car.
Thanks for the info but do they squeek as I am considering the bushes as well !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts