Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that an inherent problem with the strut tower brace on the 08 Bullitts?

Is it just me, or are they able to be unbolted from the Bullitt... Meaning, it comes off?

Regardless of the presence of a second sticker, or special indicators via Vin# or special documentation...

It looks REAL easy for someone to take a totalled 08, or stolen 08 "snag" the brace and "make" another, or a second one a lot easier than an 01... Not that the 01 can't be done... It's a lot harder to steal a sticker stuck to the strut tower.

Look at how many "false" 01 Bullitts we find on a DAILY basis... And those aren't even "renumbered" rides.

Or am I looking at things to closely??

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
FDWheelMan3687 said:
Has anyone else noticed that an inherent problem with the strut tower brace on the 08 Bullitts?

Is it just me, or are they able to be unbolted from the Bullitt... Meaning, it comes off?

Regardless of the presence of a second sticker, or special indicators via Vin# or special documentation...

It looks REAL easy for someone to take a totalled 08, or stolen 08 "snag" the brace and "make" another, or a second one a lot easier than an 01... Not that the 01 can't be done... It's a lot harder to steal a sticker stuck to the strut tower.

Look at how many "false" 01 Bullitts we find on a DAILY basis... And those aren't even "renumbered" rides.

Or am I looking at things to closely??
I thought the same thing until I realized that the VIN is also on the Bullitt plate on the brace. It seems to me it'd be pretty tough to clone a Bullitt in the future.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Y2K16T8 said:
I thought the same thing until I realized that the VIN is also on the Bullitt plate on the brace. It seems to me it'd be pretty tough to clone a Bullitt in the future.
Same here, Will. Ford including the VIN on the serialization plate is/was a good move.

:smile:

I wonder if there is another serialization plate located on the new Bullitt.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
yes, and i suppose you coudl also remove the id plate if riveted to core support...ahh what the hell..... wish they painted it the car color instead of silver, hmmmmmm a project hehehehe

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stand erected...

I didn't notice the Vin# on the serial plate.

(bows head in shame and goes to sit in the corner)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'm thinking that when I take delivery of my new 08 (wife gave the OK yesterday) I will protect that brace very well. I may order a plain brace and take off the special one and store it. God forbid I'm in an accedent and the original brace get mangeled. Or will Ford be able to send a replacement if we get clipped in the front and need a replacement? We will see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts