Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squires Turbo Systems, anyone have any experience with, or know anything about this system ? Good price for some serious hp & tq. Twin turbos for less than a base supercharger. One big problem is the sound, it may be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I think it's a neat idea. There's lots of guys who swear by them... Especially Corvette and GTO's.

There's several over at s197forum.com.... search....

·
Registered
627 Posts
The idea of mounting the turbo in the back seems pretty cool...It'll certainly keep the engine compartment cooler.
Problem is, as I understand it, turbos are most efficient when getting maximum exhaust heat to spin them up. That's why they were usually mounted as close to the exhaust ports as possible. No doubt that turbos themselves are now much more efficient, and spool up more quickly than the old ones did.
I think that with getting the cooler exhaust all the way in the back though, you'll be losing some boost and creating turbo lag.

·
Registered
334 Posts
looks like alot of problems waiting to happen

·
Registered
267 Posts
my friend is running the twin system in his 07 gt, it dynoed at 460 rwhp 485 rwtq at 8 psi. he gets his full boost at 4000rpms. running a smaller turbo to spool to a larger one creates less turbo lag.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Turbos make a ton of power, but you need a real good "Tuner" to pull it all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts