Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 435 taken in for routine maintenance. Pulled away later only to find that they had left off one of my tire valve caps!

Went back, of course they couldn't find it!

Anyone know if you can get these anywhere? The people in the parts department were less than helpful.

Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,

I guess I was thinking that the stock ones would help maintain the value of my car. I know their hideous and all...

Heck, I might as well get snazzy new ones.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Well, the stock ones are nothing more than the everyday ones that any tire shop has and has zero effect on car value. If you show the car, some anal judge may mark you down for having a chrome or billet cap, but the little plastic black, blue or gray are dime a dozen.

If you want a really good selection of caps, look in the chrome goodies section of a Pilot, Petro or T/A truckstop.

I was just in a Pilot the other day and they had tons of different and cool styles, including ones shaped like bullets. :smile:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mike...............You may want to chew on the dealership service dept. if they allowed some of the original air in the tire to escape as well.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
just go get one of off one of there stangs in the lot. thats what I would do

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey 433!

I know this is a dumb thing to say, but your car was "born" only a few hours before mine.

Mike

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well heck...I guess I destroyed my car's value by throwing those rare plastic valve stem caps away and replacing them with the chrome ones. Darn the luck! :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts