Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I am getting a little tired of the traction control engaging at the worst times. I know this winter it will be wonderfull as 2445 is my daily driver, but right now it can be a little unnerving. Is there a way anyone knows of to reverse the normal setting on the t/c system that is "off" until I punch the button to turn it "on" (like when it rains)?

Unfortunatly, when I bought the car, it was missing the owner's manual and my local dealer did not know for sure if it was possible.

Someone PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem is I was still wanting manual control with the switch so if I get caught in a rainstorm or the wife *****es too much, I just turn it on.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
installermarc said:
OK.
Unfortunatly, when I bought the car, it was missing the owner's manual and my local dealer did not know for sure if it was possible.
Somewhere in the archives you can find and download a copy of the owner's manual. You can also get one nearly all the time on ebay.
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
If you turn it off with a handheld tuner then it is OFF! That I know of there is no way to switch it to default off and turn on when you want it. And I read the owners manual cover to cover! Only way to do that is to program yourself to turn it off every time you start the car!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I know it can be done... Mine was like this when I test-drove the car (bought it from a performance motorsport dealer) and until I took it to ford on a warranty call and the death-rattle... I guess they "fixed it" as part of the service because it's been "normal" for the past 4.5 years...

I also believe I've seen someones signature on here that lists this as one of their Mods "traction control default to Off". I bet if you check other mustang sites like stangnet.com or mustangworld.com you may find someone who knows more about it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
There is a module called "Trac-Adapt" that hooks into the circuit and remembers your last setting when ignition is turned off. So if you turn the traction control off, it will remain off until you turn it on again.

It cost around 50.00 and is easy to install.

The link pnut posted is what I am talking about.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
yup, another vote for the module. I was going to mention it as I scrolled but someone else did.
it remembers the last setting you put it on and always puts it back to that on startup.

I have nothing on mine, just stock... but I NEVER want the traction control EVER. Even in the rain, ice, or snow. I want my foot to control it. If I get sideways by accident (or even on purpose) I may need the power to stay so I can control the slide and bring it back. If the TC kicks on while doing that, I would be royally ticked. BUT I do like having it there for when my wife drives :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
I concour about the Diablo Predator and turning it off.

Unfortunately, when Diablo turns it off, it's off for good.

I would like to keep mine, but I would like to switch the light to come ON when traction control is ON and OFF when it is OFF.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Then you would have to change the color of the light from yellow to green as well.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks pnut for the link, but unfortunately they are out of stock and not planing on making any more (acording to pep, the manu). The module only had 3 wires coming out of it, so it couldn't have been too hard to install.

Sorry, Alan, way ahaid of you. I have already changed the light to green on both the t/c switch and the defog switch. I thought orange was a little out of character.

And thanks everyone to such a great response. Now it is time to get to work on the car...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Oh, and if anyone has suggestions on a good tuner for a stock Bullitt, please chime in.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
installermarc said:
Thanks pnut for the link, but unfortunately they are out of stock and not planing on making any more (acording to pep, the manu). The module only had 3 wires coming out of it, so it couldn't have been too hard to install.

Sorry, Alan, way ahaid of you. I have already changed the light to green on both the t/c switch and the defog switch. I thought orange was a little out of character.

And thanks everyone to such a great response. Now it is time to get to work on the car...
Those modules were available from many online retailers. I bought mine from somewhere else other than ponyexpress........

It was the same thing, made by ponyexpress, it's just that a lot of places carried them. Do a google on "Trac-Adapt" and you might find someone that still has some in stock.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts