Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murphys Law....Anything that can go wrong...Will go wrong. Addendum 286.3. Was pushing the Bullitt out of my garage.(tight quarters). As I was doing this, my foot slipped and tagged a stepladder that had been stashed out of reach of the car....I thought.The feeling of helplessness as I watched in slow,-mo, the ladder come down and bounce off the left rear qtr, was really fun. :mad: The words that came out of my mouth were ones you can guess.Anyway this happened on Sunday and I feel I can now talk about it. Silly Huh!!! Hope all of you are more careful than me. It won't happen again!!.... At least not like this! :smile: Bottom line $800.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sorry man......that damn Murphy will get every time! Hope it turns out OK.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Murphy can be a real b***h sometimes. Sorry to hear about the damage and I know I will feel the same when I see my first ding. It's a daily driver so it has to happen at some point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-11-27 20:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
227 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-27 20:39, Bullitt4075 wrote:
Murphy can be a real b***h sometimes. Sorry to hear about the damage and I know I will feel the same when I see my first ding. It's a daily driver so it has to happen at some point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-11-27 20:40 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Shhhh. Don't jinx it!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My eye draws to the only ding on mine every time I look at the car. Some idiot in a parking lot (after I parked away from everyone) opened the door and put a very small little ding right in the center of the passenger, rear wheel flair. :smile: This happened months ago and it still naws at me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i think we should shot this murphy guy. I seem to have a bolt and socket dropping problem. If i ever drop something it is that one bolt that you cannot find in a hardware store and ford dealers never have in stock but is imperative for the car to run. And no matter how open it is in the engine bay the bolt will always manage not to fall thru, but land in some crevice so small i can not see it or reach it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And remember, they say Murphy was an opptumist!! :lol:

#1748 DHG :bullitt:
2004?? Cobra (Started thinking about it)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-11-28 08:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I have a Murphy's Law story about #169, but I'll wait until this weekend to talk about it. I will say, however, it's much worse than yours. :sad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Karl....I did something very similiar and very stupid! Tight quarters in the garage also. Trying to avoid my wife's car I knocked my passenger side mirror slap off! I carried it to the dealership the next day and had it fixed. Told my wife that my Christmas present was a Mustang Mirror this year! Maybe I just got it over with early and no more Murphy!!!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-28 10:22, beamstang wrote:
Oh, Oh, Bob. This doesn't sound good.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Believe me, it isn't.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Why get it fixed? :sad:

Dents and scratches make it look tough like Steve McQueen's. :smile:

Sorry about your mishap. I've had a couple of Homer Simpson moments with my car too. D'OH!?!?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-11-28 12:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Somebody kill the Murph before he gets to my house/garage. I know its going to happen, just hope I am in a decent mood when the idiot dings the car in a parking lot. HaHa!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is really too much. The ONLY other Bullitt in town was in for front valance repairs at the SAME shop today where my car is being repaired. Thats it I'm off to Vegas .... Or is it the Funny Farm! Bob,(Nasty) looking forward to your Tale, and thanks everyone for your Support. :smile:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I PULLED A REALLY STUPID MOVE WHEN I BOUGHT
MY BULLITT FROM THE FORD DEALER. DHG 3875
WAS OUTSIDE ON THE LOT AND DUSTY. I INSPECTED
THE VEHICLE BEFORE BUYING AND IT LOOKED OK.
I DIDN'T WANT THE DEALERSHIP TO PREP THE CAR
BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID THEY WOULD DAMAGE THE
PAINT.(I DETAIL RACING AND CLASSIC MUSTANGS
PART-TIME AT A MUSTANG ONLY RESTORATION AND
SPEED SHOP) TOOK IT HOME AND GENTLY WASHED
IT AND DISCOVERED ACID RAIN DAMAGE ON HOOD
SCOOP. SHOULD HAVE WASHED IT AT THE DEALER
BEFORE BUYING. FIX IT COST...$90 WET SAND
AND BUFF. LOOKS NICE NOW!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gentleman why live with dings and dents or spend big money at bodyshops without first checking out Paintless Dent Removal. Its what I do. The Name of my company is Dents Away and I have been saving people time, money, and grief for years. Call your local high-line dealer (Lexus, BMW etc.),ask to speak with the used car manager and get from him the # of the best dent guy in your area. Chevy's and Ford's (excuse me) take less skill to fix. I this guy can help you will have invested your time and money wisely.Yours truly, Bruce (Drdedento)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
TwoStangWmn can attest to paintless dent removal. She had a dent removed like this and you never know it was there. :smile:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If your car's paint is not scratched, paintless dent removal is definately the way to go.

Someone actually "creased" the whole passengers side of my wife's Saab 9.5 at a Walmart parking lot. The body shop wanted $1200 and a week to fix it.

I took it to The Dent Wizard. He fixed it in less than 2 hours for $300. I was amazed. Crease and all, ...gone.

We my delership gave a nasty ding to 220 I went to see the Wizard and it too was a happy ending. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-12-01 09:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the tips guys and gals.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I was gone for 8 days on business so I had an electrician to some work in my garage. My Bullitt was parked in the middle of my garage so I told him he could pull it out onto the driveway if needed. He said "Naw, I can work around it". :sad:
Well, when I got back home the first thing I did was check the car for scratches and sure enough, there were 2 tiny scratches on the right front fender that looked suspiciously like he dropped a piece of conduit......
So, I have seen him twice since I have been back and he has not mentioned ANYTHING about this and like everyone else, I KNOW every little scratch on my BULLITT! What sucks is that I paid him before I left and he already cashed my check! DOH!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts