Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ALWAYS turn the stupid traction control OFF as soon as I start up the car...but I had just refueled and forgot to turn off the TC this time...I was pulling out of the gas station into fairly tight traffic...Normally not a problem for any sportscar...
I got halfway out when the TC activated and the engine lost almost all power (as usual in Tucson there was a lot of light dust on the driveway and that made the wheels start slipping a bit)!!!
Normally I would have flowed right into traffic but this time the poor guy that I was (thanks to TC) cutting off had to hit his brakes and slow a bit. Nothing drastic but he must have been pi***d at me, as I slowly accelerated away with the pedal on the floor.
I'm still searching far and wide for a system to default the crappy TC to off. Every person I've contacted with a system has yet to make one for the 2001 Mustangs, (they're different than the pre-01 systems).

Let me know if any of you find a system for the '01's. In my opinion the TC is DANGEROUS.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah baby, that's the ticket and I'll be first in line for that! I also like their target price for the sequential turn signals (the lowest I've seen yet) and their accessory switch.
I've emailed them to get on their mailing list when the products come out.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Glad you escaped with only a little embarrassment and not a crunched car! I had the same thing happen to me going around a corner too. Kind of scary as you don't know what the hell is going on till you see the green TC light. I still drive with it on since I toasted one car without it. This thing is kind of a Catch 22, some times you want it and other times not.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi Dennis: Same thing has happened to me a couple of times. Luckily there were no cars. Funny how the TC light / icon looks like a snail. Appropriate huh?

John Henry
DHG #2920
Born on June 12 15:11:50
Adopted on July 31
Formula One Tint
Karr Alarm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnHenry on 2001-11-16 23:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
151 Posts
The thing is a dammed if you do and dammed if you don't thing. I turn it on or off depending on conditions.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys! I hope to see some of you at the Pavillions tomorrow night (see "western" for details).
The guys at mileliminators.com just sent me an email and said their TC default to OFF system will be on the market within 90 days! Bam! I'm there!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I drive with my TC always on. It engaged on me once when going around a corner with no sand and not speeding (just going around the corner) and couldn't figure out what happened to my cars power. When I saw the light(I think it was green) I realized what had happened but didn't know why. Hasen't happened since.
What are the pro's and con's of daily driving with the system on or off? Is there a performance difference in straight line acceleration with it off like I have heard besides peeling out?
Thanks all!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I took a corner way to hot and I honestly believe it was the TC that kept me out of the corn field. Well that and the advanced driving school lessons. A little knowledge can be dangerous at times. I blame it on the tires. Maybe time to think higher grade?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Spot: Does the TC destabilize the car if it kicks in during a hard corner? I understand that it saved you, but did it leave you with a secondary battle? Been wondering what that would be like... say a situation where you would just kick the rear out a little in a hard corner, but TC comes on instead.

Thanks!
Joe

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Joe,
That's been my only experience with TC...it totally destabilizes the car in a situation where the best response (and what the driver is TRYING to do) is the power out of it...maybe even some throttle steer...but you can't throttle steer when the engine's dying.
Anyway, that's been my experience. It sounds like other members here have experienced situations where is really does help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts