Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To date I have not modified my Bullitt, yet with everything I have heard it will not be long. I was thinking that I would start out with a better set of subframe conectors and rear control arms before I go wild on the hp side of things. What kind of subframes and control arms do you guys recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
People have been raving about the Steeda parts and they are certainly a company I would trust. I was considering upper and lower control arms from them myself. Others have misc parts from them. They will have some road experience for ya.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I did a lot of research on parts while waiting for my Bulliit to arrive and I'm inpressed with Maximum Motorsports parts which is what I have bought. Having raced a '96 Cobra R in IMSA, I have seen a lot of different parts and how they effect handling. I have been inpressed with the science behind MM's products.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
brian, you raced IMSA? very cool. got any old pics of your Cobra?
remember the old Cammel GT series? that was one of my favorites!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I will have to dig out some pics of the "R" and post them.Bullittbill, yeah, I raced the Cobra and then a Firebird but I didn't own the cars.., they belonged to my friend and team owner. I just got to drive.. what a deal! :smile:

I owned an Eagle Talon up till I bought the Bullitt. BTW, the Talon was faster on my local race track than a new Cobra R.. :smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brian,
I hope you can answer a couple of questions for me. What exactly is a '96 Cobra R? Ford only made '93, '95 and 2000 Cobra R's according to the SVT website. (www.svt.ford.com)

Because of this error in your post I checked into some racing results to see if perhaps you raced a '95 Cobra R in IMSA in 1996. According to the World of Sports Prototype Racing and their complete listing of IMSA results, from 1995 until it's demise in 1998 the only Brian who raced a Mustang in those years was Brian Simo, who drove a Mustang in the 1998 series, and now drives a Qvale Mangusta in Trans Am. Are they missing your name, or were you involved in a lower level of racing that IMSA was affiliated with. The site I found the results on was:
http://wspr-racing.com/results/imsa/nf_imsa_home.html
I'm sure everyone else here assumed, as I did, that you meant you raced in the same races, but different class, as the incredible prototype machines typical of the WSC class. Please correct me if I've overlooked you name in the results.

Please forgive the confrontational nature of this post, but when I see such obvious error (that I'm surprised none of you other Mustang lovers picked up on), I have to call it out. I feel it helps keep up the quality of the forum by discouraging others from exagerating their own past achievements.

Regards,
Bob

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
FYI SCHMIDT
BRIAN HAS BEE NOTHING BUT FORTHCOMING AND HELPFUL WITH ALL OF HIS INFO ON MUSTANGS AND BULLITTS SINCE THE DAY HE GOT HERE. technical info, how-to-do mods, etc!
don't come on this forum and trash a valued member of our site with your 1st posting. if that is how you are, you're really not welcome here!
we know and respect brian, you on the other hand.........are unecessary unless you want to be a decent human being and come here for the same reasons that we do!!!!!!!!!

you don't even have the courage to post a city,state, or email addy.
i'd say you've been here before as a flamer, or you have a personal vendetta/axe to grind with brian unless i miss my guess! brian is a valuable member and has proven it time & time again.
what have you done for Bullittclub and your fellow Bullittheads???? huh?
what a strong example you set!!
2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-20 17:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mystang,
I agree that flamers are not welcome. But at the same time, I have to admit I am curious... And I don't think the point made was done so in an overly un-tactful way (ie through name calling, or anything).

Is it true that there was no Cobra R in '95? Why not?

Aalso, I am having an argument with a coworker. He contends that there is a Boss mustang for sale currently, and that you need a special license to get one. I personally think he is wrong. I konw that there was the Shinoda mustang a few years ago, and that SVT used to require a special license to get a Cobra R, but to my konwledge, there is no current Boss made (either Ford or otherwise) and even the Cobra R doesn't require a special license.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
no, you are wrong!
the whole purpose of that person's post was as follows:
"you are a liar"
"i know you are a liar"
"why don't you other bullittheads know and care that he is a liar?"
yes, i agree he has a right to question. i will defend that issue all day. but for some weaslely, chickenshit, to SO BLATANTLY & OBVIOUSLY create a brand new screen name in order to call a valued member a liar is unacceptable. you either have balls or you don't. this perspon obviously doesn't!!
defending this kind of person too much and it will make me question your motives!(and maybe your screen name)
be a man....whoever!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-20 17:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I agree 100% , what's the deal schmidt? give someone a break (not that brian needs one mind you)go back to stangnet or where ever ur hang out is if you can only be confrontational, amf

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
BTW: As a side note, the IP and originating site that Schmidtlap came from is not the same as the person that was causing trouble a while back.

Therefore, yeah, the post seems a bit inflammatory in my opinion, but we are a little gunshy from previous experience, so although I didn't like the tone, it is not as bad as some I have seen. :smile:

Just ignore the tone, let Brian respond, and not let it get to you. If I find that the email the person registered with is phony, I will remove the account.

B-Man

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good point B-Man, i guess i did get a little carried away.
and yes, i am a little gun shy also!!
brian has done a lot for this site with since he's been here. guess he'd rather handle this anyway!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-20 17:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am sure that if you check the IP of my posts you will find that it most assuredly differs from that of "bob" as well. So, I would appreciate it if you would not go questioning my integrity as well. But all of you people here like to talk about how great the site is because we can talk about whatever we want. And that is what he wanted to talk about. I thought he did so in a very civil way. We are all adults here, I don't think he has to coddle anybody for fear their eyes might well up with tears at the mere mention that something they said might be questionable. Yeah, he probably could have done it in a nicer way, but it was far from over the line.

Brian, I await your answer, as I am sure it will clear all this up. Schmidlap, I am impressed with your thoroughness. It is through knowledge (however exhaustive) that we can all learn more. Just try to be nice to everyone, or you will be removed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys (and gals) I'm still wondering about the subframes and rear control arms?

·
Registered
393 Posts
regarding the control arms, what exactly is the intent of the car? better overall handling? more drag race oriented? it could make a difference on what you choose. If you're concerned with drag racing, the stock setup is really quite superb. I've actually pulled a sub 1.9(1.88) 60ft by simply bolting on nitto drag radials. That was it.

Steeda is good and so is Maximum Mtrsprt. I have the Max Mtrsprt caster/camber plates on the cobra and they are superb.

And btw..there was no "factory" 96 Cobra R. 93, 95, and 00 only. Maybe Brian meant "race-prepped" by the "R" reference, not necesarily a factory "R" model??

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-20 17:58, bullitbill wrote:
I am sure that if you check the IP of my posts you will find that it most assuredly differs from that of "bob" as well. So, I would appreciate it if you would not go questioning my integrity as well.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I sincerely hope that isn't what you think I was implying by my comment about IPs. I check ALL new users for their IP and email to insure we don't have the troublemakers we did before (yeah, real trouble.. people way beyond any of this :smile:) I have the responsibility of the site from a security standpoint, so its normal business as webmaster.

No, I don't get paid enough. :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt on 2001-08-20 21:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys whats going on. My name is Robert and I am a Drivetrain Engineer over here at our beloved ford. I own two Mustangs, a 1998 Gt, and my favorite of all, 01 Mustang Bullitt #154. If theres any questions that I may answer or clarify for you guys, I would love to be of any help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bullitt, that remark was not meant toward you, but to the comment that:

"defending this kind of person too much and it will make me question your motives!(and maybe your screen name)"

-Bill

1 - 20 of 28 Posts