Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a 4x4 guy for years. My Bullitt is my first endeavor into the car world. My question is, is it smart to go ahead and and do subframe connectors before I lower the car? Also, what connectors and springs do ya'll reccomend.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
yes...full length subframes should have come on the car off the line.

what do you want to do with the car? Drag race, autocross, occasional street race, weekend warrior, daily driver, what?

·
Registered
641 Posts
The Pro-Kits look great IMHO, but they were too low for me using the Bullitt as a daily driver. If I was able to keep it as a weekend car only, I would reinstall the Pro-kits. They look just right. :) They bring it down about 3/4" lower than the stock springs which is about 1.5" lower than a standard GT.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If your going to lower it anymore it would also be wise to invest in some caster camber plates and a ball joint kit. Those little things will help you out in the long run...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Maximum Motorsports are pretty highly regarded
Lots of people like the Steedas

and there is a newcomer in the ranks that have been getting good reviews of BMR

I myself am planning to do this mod in the not so distant future.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Subframe connectors get rid of almost all chassis flex and squeaks/rattles. I will pull these retarded bolt in ones off and have some real ones welded in. I will most likely get the Maximum motorsports ones. Too bad Kenny Brown isn't doing his thing anymore.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have MM Full length subframes with H&R sport springs (Would have went with Super Sport springs but I have 20" rims) and Billisten(sp?)shock/struts. I have been making M3s and M5s very mad when racing thru the canyons...LOL

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
MRT street springs with Bilstein shocks is a great combo. lowers car aproximately another 3/4", handles better and better quality of ride. Welded subframes are a definate inprovement for stiffening of car which helps with handling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts