Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they may not be the best tire on the market, but for the price you can't go wrong. Only problem is, I believe Sumitomo stopped making them, which means the cost for that size tire is going to take a big jump, especially since they were priced at 96 bucks each.

Well, as of today 12/19/07 Tire Rack does have them in stock. I don't know how many sets they have, or for how long they'll be around but if you are like me and need a new set, they sre still priced at 96 bucks. They haven't had them for awhile now.

In the future when I'm not so financially strapped I'll probably change from 17's to 18;s and there are several more options available in that size. Just couldn't swing the cost of four new rims and tires right now.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
thanx for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I just can't seem to get traction with em...

Don't get me wrong I've run them on the other stang and camaro and love them!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
so if i read that right, in 18x10.5 there are more options for 315/35 size tires? i have been hesitating to get the rims i wanted since 315's were cancelled by Sumitomo...(wife OK'd the Xmas purchase, so that is my only reason for not ordering!)

thanks for any info!
shaun

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, as I don't have 18's right now I can only speak from the research I've done..if I'm not mistaken most who have 18's are running 265's up front, if not all the way around on 18x9 rims...much better if you want to rotate tires !! and then 285's or 295's in the rear...and since the 18's are a 10 inch rim and not a 10.5 inch rim, it fits and fills everything up just fine....again I may be wrong, but just in checking on ebay for 18 inch tires in that size you can find 4 265 35 18 tires for around 400 bucks...compare that to two lets say bf goodrich tires in 315 35 17 that run for around 230 or so each...again thats just my opinion and the checking I've done, some may have better options than that...if I had it to do over again, instead of the 17x9 and 17x10.5 I have now, although they look great, I would have gone with 18x9 all the way around just so I could rotate the tires.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Merry Christmas Troy.
Been running Sumitomo.
No probs so far.
Met a few 911 guys running them.

R/T.J.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
The Sumitomo is a great tire for the price. On N/A cars under 350hp. i know in 2nd at 55-60 I spin, and thats not even poping the clutch thats just driving in 2nd then pushing it to the floor. The reason I ran the Sumitomos was because of the price and because 1633 was a DD. but since she gets driving maybe once a week now I'll most likly either get some DRs or just some BFG KDs in a 315

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I've had them only for the past summer season.Good priced tire,and not bad looking either,reason for me buying them with my Deep Dish Bullitt's for the rear.But they do have traction issues,1st gear.....spin,2nd gear.....spin,3rd gear......spin,4rth gear.....slight spin with the added chirp .LOL!!
I didn't realize they were getting hard to find.Now i know. :cool:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have them on my bullitt 315 35 on the 17x10.5 my propb is it looks like i dont have enough tire for the rim with the sumi no outer rim guard protection from the sumi anyone elsehave this prob I cant wait to get a new set of tires and throw the sumi in the trash...:badgrin:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
For the price they are a great tire. 315 17 are hard to find and are pricey when you do. I personally can't afford $300 a tire right now and since I don't race, they have been an excellent tire choice for me. American Muscle had them in stock last I heard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts