Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES I SAW A SUNROOF CUT IN A BULLITT. WHAT WOULD THIS DO TO THE VALUE OF CAR?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
they should be taken out behind the building and bitch slapped!!!
sigh....whatever makes someone happy but that one bothers me!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Atleast they didn't make it a convertible. :smile:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have not done it and probably won't but I don't think that it is really that bad of an idea. We worry way to much about the value of our cars. Simply enjoy them the way that you want to. And BTW, no one better try and bitch slap me for something that I do to MY car.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
There was someone here on this site that was talking about doing a sunroof. Maybe it's him. Do a search and see if this person lives in your area...?

I don't care so much about the VALUE of my cars...I just have this THING about keeping them the way the Mfg. built them.

Sometimes, even I think I'm crazy.
(that is not a question, so don't answer it!)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sunroofs do not belong on MUSTANGS. If you want this feature go buy a Honda.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Guys guys !!!!......It matters only to those who wish to modify their cars. More power to you. :cool:. Those that stay stock will probably appreciate simply because there will be fewer of them.... :smile:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
A convertable bullitt, you say never, But what if there are no more bullitts for sale, and a tree falls on it. Your only option may be to turn it into a convertable, I saw it in a mag a few years back, where someone in a stang ran into this problem when a tree crushed the top of it

·
Registered
821 Posts
I agree with the statements.....sunroofs don't belong on our Bullitts! I go with 6treva9...just the way she was built!

Bubbles

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have heard of modifications,but isn't a sunroof going a little too far, especially on a "BULLITT" Mustang ? Oh well,like it has been said " To each,thier own " I hope you enjoy it and THANK YOU in the long run for increasing the value of my BULLITT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrStangman on 2002-03-26 02:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
I guess somebody had a few thousands extra dollars laying around to do that. I would think that an aftermarket sunroof would do evil things to the structural rigidity of the roof.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Do whatever you want - it's your car to modify anyway you like. If a sunroof increases the enjoyment of your Bullitt - go for it. If you're worried about resale value down the road, then you should keep it stock.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I look at it this way,....................

the more people that carve up their Bullitts, the more my uncut original is worth. :smile:

·
Registered
42 Posts
well let the guy do whatever he wants, he paid a ton of money for the car so let him do as he please, but I do think a sunroof would look out of place in mustangs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-25 17:56, 6treva9 wrote:
There was someone here on this site that was talking about doing a sunroof. [...] </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Actually, that person was me, and I'm still contemplating it. Frankly, I don't give a damn what anyone thinks on that subject as I don't feel a sunroof would ruin the "mystique" of the car. It's one thing to put 20" dubs or a 6' wing or a fart cannon on a Bullitt, but there are some nuts on this board that are extreme purists. What's next, window tinting bad?

The fact that Ford doesn't offer a sunroof on Mustangs is their own stupidity. (My guess is they figure it would take away from Mustang convertible sales). Look at almost every other car and truck out there right now, from Cadillacs to Civics to Jags to Explorers, and they offer a factory motorized sunroof. As much as we'd like to think the opposite were true, our Bullitts won't be "collectors items" for 15+ years, so if my putting in a sunroof hurts its value far down the road for whatever person owns it then, so be it...

As for roof rigidity--that's a srock of chit. The only thing our car roofs do is keep rain out. It's the pillars holding the roof up that give the tensile strength. But since the US has no rollover standards (unlike the Europeans & Australians), it doesn't really matter.

That being said, if I do it, I'd only put on a good quality motorized sunroof at a reasonable price. This car deserves much better than the $300 "flip-up special" at Ziebart. Once you have had a car with a sunroof (my previous car), you can never go back to one without one. (The same can be said about V8s). I recently saw a 2001 GT with an aftermarket sunroof (no, it wasn't riced out) and it was not obtrusive and looked good on the car...
<font color=00C0FF>True-Blue Bullitt #2294
<font color=0088FF>Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BUL2294 on 2002-03-27 12:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I really like sunroofs too. I've found aftermarket sunroofs by ASC are superior to the factory jobs. If you want a sunroof put it in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts