Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im getting my super charger put on car monday,my engine is stock i was just wanting to know who has a vortech with stock motor.ive been reading on line about engines blowing up .im getting kind of worried about putting it on,the vortech is v2 and will be tuned by shop.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
As long as it is safely tuned and you don't go maxing it out, you should be fine. There are several centri blown 4.6s running around putting down 360-400 and living just fine. Then again, there are others that have let go. It's all in the tune. Just make sure your tuner gives you a nice, conservative tune that still puts down enough power to be grin-inducing.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I've run my Vortech for 2+ years now on the stock longblock at 14lbs and made 50+ passes at the track with no problems whatsoever....go to a reputable shop for a custom dyno tune with SCT software and an Xcall tuner, should run you around 400-500 bucks depending on the shop

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
My car is tuned very conservatively (as you can see by my numbers) but that is what I wanted. I have had my blower on since Nov. 2003 and for about 70,000 miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for answering my question!!! shop says they will tune it safe, using my sct tuner and run on there dyno. i will let u guys know how it goes when i get it back tuesday or wednesday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.