Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dhg bullitt and I want to supercharge it. The engine is completly stock. Will it hurt the engine if I was only pushing 8 to 10 psi? Any suggestions on which supercharger to go with? Any necessary mods just for supercharging?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you want to get blown ,go with the Mongoose kit from Modularpowerhouse.The most important aspect of getting blown is the tune.Tim Barth is probably one of the best tuners in the industry.The mongoose kit comes with everything you need right down to the correct spark plugs.IT costs about $3900 and is well worth it.Just give them a call and they can tell you more about it. GREG

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
BULLITT2337 said:
I have a dhg bullitt and I want to supercharge it. The engine is completly stock. Will it hurt the engine if I was only pushing 8 to 10 psi? Any suggestions on which supercharger to go with? Any necessary mods just for supercharging?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
Get in contact with "Mr.Bullitt" Hes got a charged bullitt with a stock engine, and I think he even lives in your town\area!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
The tune is the key. As long as you don't detonate and you're not pushing the envelope your stock internals will be fine.
:rotfl: As he looks at your sig pic. Not pushing the envelope. Paul pushes the mail truck!! But he is right. the tune is the most important part.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Im running 12lbs on a stock motor with my Vortech. The tune is the most important factor. MPH's mongoose kits are by far the best deal out there IMO. Also thats a great deal that NUBULLITT4110 has.
Wes

·
Registered
656 Posts
I too am running a Vortech blower with stock internals pushing 12lbs of boost. As stated before tuning is the key.

7,020 Posts
Allen Intercooled Supercharger

"BullittBen" take a look at Allen Supercharger

www.allen-superchargers.com

Allen has a BULLITT Kit with either 6 or 9 lb boost.

Allen uses an Eaton M90S 'Roots' blower.

Stock bottom end OK for 6 lbs but they recommend forged bottom end for 9 lbs.

Ask for imboc discount!

DHG 1005 has being under his Allen Supercharger with 7 lbs of boost for 6 years with no problems.

on your six ... DHG 1005

Attachments

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Yup sure is an awesome kit. Im only running 9 psi but it spikes at 11-12 in first gear. im running 9psi only because she is my daily driver and i dont feel like blowin her up till i have another car which will be next week hopfully. :D

Ah and where in kissimmee are you located. hmmmmm maybe we've allready met.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
:rotfl: As he looks at your sig pic. Not pushing the envelope. Paul pushes the mail truck!! But he is right. the tune is the most important part.
We've got Factory Freaks. But Double J by far is the most freaky. lol

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Aaron-this is your best sig photo yet! Awesome view of your car....John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts