Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a supercharger kit for the Bullitt from Sean Hyland. It is a NOVI 1000 kit for $3600. This isn't an add I just thought you might be interested.
I can't seem to hyperlink but the address is www.seanhylandmotorsport.com

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like you linked it for me.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Okay this is Not a flame just a bit of precautionary advice based on an on-going experience. I purchased a Paxton NOVI 2000 from Sean Hyland Motorsport with very specific tuning instructions for the chip (the most important part of any blower package). Well guess what happened when my car leaned out due to lack of fuel at high rpm and 10lbs of boost. Sean says I shouldn't have driven the car so hard when I wasn't sure why it wouldn't go any faster than 130 mph (stock I was pressing 140 with the top down). I guess he's right but I don't believe I had any reason to expect that his program wouldn't support the blower first time when such specific instructions were in hand. Right now my computer and the original chip are somewhere in Canada on the way to Sean Hyland Performance for reprogramming and I am waiting for another replacement engine. In retrospect I will say this (and here comes the caution) if you buy that blower, or any blower for that matter, take your car to tuning center with: a dyno, Ford NGS Star tool, wide band 02 sensor, mass air sensor, inlet tep monitor, engine temp monitor, TPS, and pulse and timing meters to have a chip custom programmed for blower use. I have read a lot of threads on other boards where guys just like myself purchased blowers that came with chips only to find themselves without a motor later. Oh my specific instructions for my NOVI 2000 were: "to remove speed limiter, set rev limiter at 6200 rpm and provide sufficient fuel to the engine to prevent a lean condition while at wide open throttle so that I could use my car on at WOT on the european roads."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roushraven99 on 2001-07-19 02:37 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts