Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought #3306 last week and have already bought all the bolt on for it that it didnt already have. To find out the i have forged internal and a new valvetrain assembly. With that taken care of by the previous owner im left with a decision to make. what power adder to choose. I originally had my eyes set on a procharger ps1c but now that i know what the internals are im thinking about a Procharger DS1C. But my friend has a 96 cobra with built bottom end and a vortech s-trim thinks i should get nitrous. This is my daily driver it has low miles but i want something that will last and i can keep my foot out of the throttle so????

·
Registered
987 Posts
Then dont get the nitrous if its ur daily driver cuz will have to keep filling up the bottle.

Just get a S/C and crank up the boost.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
SC is the only way to "fly", and is preferred by us "old school" guys. NOS is for ricer cars. (apologize to those Bullitts with NOS).

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
TrueBlue #3306 said:
I just bought #3306 last week and have already bought all the bolt on for it that it didnt already have. To find out the i have forged internal and a new valvetrain assembly. With that taken care of by the previous owner im left with a decision to make. what power adder to choose. I originally had my eyes set on a procharger ps1c but now that i know what the internals are im thinking about a Procharger DS1C. But my friend has a 96 cobra with built bottom end and a vortech s-trim thinks i should get nitrous. This is my daily driver it has low miles but i want something that will last and i can keep my foot out of the throttle so????
I would definitely go with a blower over nitrous for everyday driving. I have the Vortech V2SQ and am very happy with it. Although more expensive, you might also look into the Kenne Bell.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Cough turbo cough cough... :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have had nitrous for a few years and I'll tell you that I would much rather of saved the money for a supercharger. Although nitrous is much cheaper (initially), you do have to fill up the bottle which takes time and more money. The average price for nitrous is $3 to $3.50 per pound

Also, you have to worry about bottle pressure. Even with a heater, you can forget about getting enough heat to keep the bottle stable in cold weather. Using nitrous is virtually useless in the winter time or cold months. Plus, unless you have a remote bottle opener, you will have to stop the car, get out, open the trunk, and open the bottle. Even still with a remote bottle opener, it will take about 5-10 minutes (In warm weather) to stablilize the bottle pressure, using your heater. Not very pratical if someone pulls up on you and wants to race (Not that I do this).

Just some things to consider.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
If ever there was a right thing to do to a car it would be to put a super charger on it. If you want that low rpm power and torque (and who dosen't) the super charger is the way to go!! and yes the Kenne Bell is probably one of the most expencive pices out their, they are SO worth it. A friend of mine back in the military had a 1.7 ltr with a Cobra heat exchanger and made 350 on a conservative tune. They have now kicked it up a notch and are providing a 2.1 ltr as their standard kit for the GT. Look them up on the web, they have the dyno runs to back up my claim as being one of the best investments for you car.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I have to put in my 2 cents, Kenne-Bell SC, lots of fun.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DHGBULLITT said:
I have to put in my 2 cents, Kenne-Bell SC, lots of fun.
I would love a kenne bell especially the sound but you have to lose the intake thats part of what makes our cars unique to a regular gt. I looked at them but a D-1sc put down more hp than kenne bell

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
TrueBlue #3306 said:
I would love a kenne bell especially the sound but you have to lose the intake thats part of what makes our cars unique to a regular gt. I looked at them but a D-1sc put down more hp than kenne bell
Thats OK ! But there is nothing like the sound of a K-B at WOT and it still kicks A$%

·
Registered
722 Posts
Definitely a supercharger. My opinion on nitrous is this; if you win a race, so what? You used nitrous! Anybody can use it and win. Besides, if you REALLY want it that bad, you can always get both.

I know even after reading all these posts you still want the nitrous kit, at least that's how I'd be if I had to post asking between the two, so get whatever you want, although I still recommend a supercharger.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
What is your major goal for this car? If it is a daily driver go with a SC, if it for a track car I would go with nitrous. Just my personal choice it is hard to do back to back to back runs with a SC and not loose time because of heat soak. Also most of you SC kits come with everything you need from fuel pump to tune. With Nitrous you have to choose between a dry and wet shot and what level and the list can go on. Just my couple of cents.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Just a quick question (hopefully to save any future trouble)...are you SURE that you have forged internals? I would hate to see a built up car tank from that assumption. I would ask for reciepts and/or talk to the installer.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Just get both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
If it is a daily driver and you are always putting your foot into the gas. I would go with the N20. Why, because you will always be running N/A till the time comes. People saying it's a pain to turn on the bottle and etc. probably have never has N20 on their car. If you do plan on playing on the street, you turn on the bottle when you leave the house. Simple. And for someone saying that you had to use N20 to beat me, well, you had to slap a blower/turbo to beat me. Double edge sword, poor arguement. I've had N20 on many cars, and personaly loved it. I was never sneaky about it. If someone asked if I ran it. I would show them. Then run them w/o N20. You gotta leave your EGO at the house. There will always be someone faster. The Pro on N20 is small cost compared to a blower. Con, is the refilling, not so much as the price, but the time you have to take out of your day to go refill.

Supercharger. If you want constant power all the time at full throttle. When crusing, you'rereally not in the boost so mileage won't suffer too bad, but like I said before, if you keep your foot in it, mileage will suffer. Pro All the time power w/o the bottle refill. Con, inital cost outlay.

Turbo. Make more power and torque than a S/C running same amount of boost. Has the cool whistle sound tha everyone loves. will not see boost until you load up the engine. Sometimes it can be hard to tune a turbo car for the street, but tuners and the aftermarket are getting better.
Pro. Can make lots of power. Con. Lots of money for a good systm and to get it going.

Chad

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barnaby said:
Just a quick question (hopefully to save any future trouble)...are you SURE that you have forged internals? I would hate to see a built up car tank from that assumption. I would ask for reciepts and/or talk to the installer.
I already asked hpp about the car and i took the valve covers off and the valve train is new and that why my didnt dyno that good was because of the compression from forged pistons.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts