Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been looking at the modularpowerhouse mongoose kits for sometime now. Its really a toss up. Right now i just have hooker headers with the catless x-pipe. I've been looking at youtube videos for weeks now on these kits. There are alot more vortech kits out there for some reason.

I know the paxton makes 15-20 more rwhp on the stock bullitt than the vortech. Whats been on my mind is the sound right now, i know the vortech whitles at low rpms but i dont think it makes a noise under WOT. What about the paxton? If you a vortech what made you choose that over the paxton?

all imput would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have never heard a vortech in person but I have a novi2000 and its not realy loud. I have been told that once I get about 1,000 miles on it that it will get louder. I like my Novi becauce I will never out grow it. It is cabale of like 27 PSI so I am sure it will the last blower I will ever have to buy.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Vortech here and glad I did. They both make power, the paxton is a little more money. In the end its all up to what you can afford and what you want out of your car...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
When I put my Vortech on there was no other kit available. That said, I would have still bought the Vortech I think. I have had them in the past and never had any issues. That's not to say that Paxtons are problematic at all, just my preference. Either one can far exceed your stock motor's limits.

I've had both the Vortech SC and S trim models. The SC was virtually silent at all RPMs, the S-trim is like a rock crusher below 1000 RPMs though.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Saleen SC for a 2-V ???

Has anyone used the Saleen Supercharger system for the 2-V motor ... (or know of anyone who has) ???

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Procharger are good ones. I have no experiance with the vortechs every mustang I have worked all had prochargers. At one time procharger had a problem with there mounting bracket but that was in 94-95 on the mustangs, the idler pulley stud would shear off at high rpm. That said I think they have fixed the problem since then. I heard great things about novi 2000 and the ability to make good power, but the best bargin by far is the vortech and the reason there is more of them out there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I went with the vortech V2-SQ mongoose kit because that is what MPH recommended and am very happy with it.If you plan on putting a shortblock in your car down the road then just upgrade to the T Trim,it can make huge power.You can also upgrade to the one that doesnt tap into the oil pan ,if you like.I bought the mongoose kit mainly because Tims tunes are dead on and you dont have to worry about anything because it is a complete kit.Just install the kit,put your car on the dyno to make sure the air fuel ratio is O.K and your good to go.MPH has some of the best customer service in the country. GREG

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
procharger would probably be my choice since you don't have to put a hole in your pan as it is self contained oiling. Only thing with them, I keep reading about the seals sometimes going our prematurely.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
Has anyone used the Saleen Supercharger system for the 2-V motor ... (or know of anyone who has) ???
waste of money IMO, they are a far inferior blower to most of whats out there and cost just as much...if your looking for a roots blower KB or Whipple is where its at

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Frankenstang said:
procharger would probably be my choice since you don't have to put a hole in your pan as it is self contained oiling. Only thing with them, I keep reading about the seals sometimes going our prematurely.

Vortech now has the self contained available as well. If I were doing it now that's the way I'd go,......well.....that or the KB...

Here is a link to the new Vortech unit;
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/view.php?f_cat=SUPERCHARGERS:+Vortech+V-3+Series+Supercharger

·
Registered
107 Posts
I can't remember which co. it was, but I saw an ad for a blower that was virtually silent. They did it by making the gears differently. It was in 5.0 mag.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Cuderbeast said:
So i've been looking at the modularpowerhouse mongoose kits for sometime now. Its really a toss up. Right now i just have hooker headers with the catless x-pipe. I've been looking at youtube videos for weeks now on these kits. There are alot more vortech kits out there for some reason.

I know the paxton makes 15-20 more rwhp on the stock bullitt than the vortech. Whats been on my mind is the sound right now, i know the vortech whitles at low rpms but i dont think it makes a noise under WOT. What about the paxton? If you a vortech what made you choose that over the paxton?

all imput would be appreciated!
I personally cannot say which to get for the 2001 Bullitt.

But I just read I think in the past few days where Two IMBOC Members are running in

the 11's.

If you could get them to reply??? I'm sure they are up on the Topic.

I just went back and looked at My Old Post and here is the Link You need.

These Two-Guys are Very Fast so Shoot Off a PM to them.........

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163388

Good-Luck !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts