Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone opted to beef-up up their '08 Bullitt by adding a Ford Racing supercharger to bring the h.p. to over 500? I was wondering how it improved performance in the 1/4 mile, etc. and also if it totally voids the powertrain warranty. I know that one of the Detroit Lions football players got his Bullitt from a dealership in Evansville, Ind. and supposedly built it up ridiculously, but I'm not sure of the extent of his "mods." With all this lamenting over the new Stangs being beefier, we can always "fight back" by beefing ours up, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Has anyone opted to beef-up up their '08 Bullitt by adding a Ford Racing supercharger to bring the h.p. to over 500? I was wondering how it improved performance in the 1/4 mile, etc. and also if it totally voids the powertrain warranty. I know that one of the Detroit Lions football players got his Bullitt from a dealership in Evansville, Ind. and supposedly built it up ridiculously, but I'm not sure of the extent of his "mods." With all this lamenting over the new Stangs being beefier, we can always "fight back" by beefing ours up, right?
Jim,

I was wondering how it improved performance in the 1/4 mile, etc. and also if it totally voids the powertrain warranty.
Yes you can (Have an Authorized Installation Center or Ford Dealer) and have a Warranty after the Supercharger is installed.

Note: Specific Blowers that is. Roush & Saleen are two I know of.

I want to be Honest with You though and I have some Question in my mind where this Thread will go.

I've read many Post by You and it "Appears" that Your Remarks are not what most Members would say are of a (Positive Nature) here on IMBOC.


Well, perhaps this Thread will be different as I hope it will Stay-On-Topic and NOT end up like some others I have read in the past.

In any case that is the "Correct Answer" to Your Question.

I'll be very interested to read what you end up doing as far as the Supercharger Purchase & Install goes.


Good Luck,

Terry
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool in the motor pool...

Thanks, Terry. I assure you that my intentions are always positive and my finger is lurking atop the "Add to My Ignore List" feature, should trouble come this thread's way. I'm serious about beefing up the Bullitt, and not trying to stir anything up. If I'm trying to be the "King of Cool," then I must begin acting that way. No more flying off the handle, ever, never, nada, nunca, ziltch... Just bein' cool.... :angel:
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Jim,



Yes you can (Have an Authorized Installation Center or Ford Dealer) and have a Warranty after the Supercharger is installed.

Note: Specific Blowers that is. Roush & Saleen are two I know of.

I want to be Honest with You though and I have some Question in my mind where this Thread will go.

I've read many Post by You and it "Appears" that Your Remarks are not what most Members would say are of a (Positive Nature) here on IMBOC.


Well, perhaps this Thread will be different as I hope it will Stay-On-Topic and NOT end up like some others I have read in the past.

In any case that is the "Correct Answer" to Your Question.

I'll be very interested to read what you end up doing as far as the Supercharger Purchase & Install goes.


Good Luck,

Terry
Oh, and Terry, by the way... Welcome home! (9th Infantry Div., Dong Tam, April '67- April '688). Off topic, I know, but had to say it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,357 Posts
I know of one person who had a Roush SC added on. It puts out about 450hp.
Sucks back the gas big time and really added to the cost of his insurance.
But he's loving how his car drives.
And with the 3.73's the car really "pulls".
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whammer said:
I know of one person who had a Roush SC added on. It puts out about 450hp.
Sucks back the gas big time and really added to the cost of his insurance.
But he's loving how his car drives.
And with the 3.73's the car really "pulls".
Sounds cool. Geez, though, why didn't the guy go ahead and buy the car stock, then add the power... seems to me that way the insurance people would've been none the wiser.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,357 Posts
Well I guess they might not find out- but if you have an accident and they find out you have a SC- then I would think you would find yourself not being covered by your insurance. Insurance companies have clauses that allow them to cut you loose- so you might really find yourself screwed.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whammer said:
Well I guess they might not find out- but if you have an accident and they find out you have a SC- then I would think you would find yourself not being covered by your insurance. Insurance companies have clauses that all them to cut you loose- so you might really find yourself screwed.
Good point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,357 Posts
I should also point out- a SC will not fit under the strut tower brace. The guy who had the SC installed had to grind some of the underside of the strut brace off in order to have enough clearance for the SC.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Jim,



Yes you can (Have an Authorized Installation Center or Ford Dealer) and have a Warranty after the Supercharger is installed.

Note: Specific Blowers that is. Roush & Saleen are two I know of.

I want to be Honest with You though and I have some Question in my mind where this Thread will go.

I've read many Post by You and it "Appears" that Your Remarks are not what most Members would say are of a (Positive Nature) here on IMBOC.


Well, perhaps this Thread will be different as I hope it will Stay-On-Topic and NOT end up like some others I have read in the past.

In any case that is the "Correct Answer" to Your Question.

I'll be very interested to read what you end up doing as far as the Supercharger Purchase & Install goes.


Good Luck,

Terry
Well, you "worried" about where the thread would go. This is where it went. Did it meet with your approval? Hope so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Jim, I hope things continue here for you with a Positive Approach.....

StvMcQueen said:
Well, you "worried" about where the thread would go. This is where it went. Did it meet with your approval? Hope so.
Jim,

Personally I was thinking that the Thread might have a MUCH Greater Response than it has.

Then I gave it some more thought and since (You Ask) here in the (Open) I will reply in the open.

Because as I said in my 1st Post here on this Thread that I wondered where this would Go or End Up. I Honestly after seeing only these few Post wonder if "Jim" you are not on a lot of the Members [IGNORE-List]. I only say this because of the other Threads/Post you have been on and they were not exactly (How to Be Polite here) POSITIVE in Nature.

I personally don't have any problem with You and I don't have you on my (Ignore List). If I did I would not be responding so quick as I am here.

If I don't like what a Member has to say or their comment I simply read it and MOVE-ON. We all have away with our words and thoughts on these Forums. What one person thinks is clever another member might take it as an insult or negative response.


I don't think you received the (4-RED) .... (StvMcQueen is infamous around these parts) designation from the "WEBMASTER" because your Post/Threads were of a Positive Nature.

Do-You ?

StvMcQueen
aka "Jim"

Mega BullittHead

08 HG 1917
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cleveland,
Ohio
....

As I said Jim I personally do not have any problem with you but in the past your Post were not very Positive/Friendly here on IMBOC. Maybe if you continue to Post in a more Positive Manner the (Webmaster) will take another LOOK and back off on the red Designation you have Acquired so far. I hope so and at that point maybe the Members will respond to your Threads/Post as they do for each other. I don't think for one second that you are not aware of the way things work on a Forum. I think you are on Top of Your Game and if You choose to be more like a Team Player here you will in the Future. If I were to make a Suggestion to You it would be this.

Keep in mind when you post that Members will remember the (Negative Comments) for a very long time. This is about any member on any Forum. Bad News hangs around while a positive post just kinda blends in with the others.

Remember, you ask ME and you decided to ask in the OPEN not through a PM. So, I certainly hope you take my post here as a Positive way to perhaps turn things around here on IMBOC with the other Members. It is in (Your Hands) !!!!!




I wish YOU the Best,

Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
rblack4405 said:
Did the webmaster give the little red squares?
I'm not Positive on that. I would think they were given by a Very High up Authority.

The WEBMASTER came to my Mind.

I would not think anyone else here has that kind of Authority.

But I could be (Incorrect) in that maybe the Mods here have that kind of Authority that the WEBMASTER has Bestowed upon them.


Terry
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
tigerhonaker said:
Jim,

Personally I was thinking that the Thread might have a MUCH Greater Response than it has.

Then I gave it some more thought and since (You Ask) here in the (Open) I will reply in the open.

Because as I said in my 1st Post here on this Thread that I wondered where this would Go or End Up. I Honestly after seeing only these few Post wonder if "Jim" you are not on a lot of the Members [IGNORE-List]. I only say this because of the other Threads/Post you have been on and they were not exactly (How to Be Polite here) POSITIVE in Nature.

I personally don't have any problem with You and I don't have you on my (Ignore List). If I did I would not be responding so quick as I am here.

If I don't like what a Member has to say or their comment I simply read it and MOVE-ON. We all have away with our words and thoughts on these Forums. What one person thinks is clever another member might take it as an insult or negative response.


I don't think you received the (4-RED) .... (StvMcQueen is infamous around these parts) designation from the "WEBMASTER" because your Post/Threads were of a Positive Nature.

Do-You ?

StvMcQueen
aka "Jim"

Mega BullittHead

08 HG 1917
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cleveland,
Ohio
....

As I said Jim I personally do not have any problem with you but in the past your Post were not very Positive/Friendly here on IMBOC. Maybe if you continue to Post in a more Positive Manner the (Webmaster) will take another LOOK and back off on the red Designation you have Acquired so far. I hope so and at that point maybe the Members will respond to your Threads/Post as they do for each other. I don't think for one second that you are not aware of the way things work on a Forum. I think you are on Top of Your Game and if You choose to be more like a Team Player here you will in the Future. If I were to make a Suggestion to You it would be this.

Keep in mind when you post that Members will remember the (Negative Comments) for a very long time. This is about any member on any Forum. Bad News hangs around while a positive post just kinda blends in with the others.

Remember, you ask ME and you decided to ask in the OPEN not through a PM. So, I certainly hope you take my post here as a Positive way to perhaps turn things around here on IMBOC with the other Members. It is in (Your Hands) !!!!!




I wish YOU the Best,

Terry
Thanks for getting back on this, Terry. No, I do not mind discussing this out in the open at all. I have nothing to hide, and I'd like to clarify and address some of your observations. First, I'd be the first to admit that I have flown off the handle in response to some of the "off-color" comments that have been directed towards me or what I was trying to say. Sorry, but my daddy always taught me to "stick up" for myself. Secondly, if you CAREFULLY read the posts leading up to some of my "rebuttal" comments, I think you'll agree that THOSE posts were what was "not of a postive nature" and that what I had written prior to these was indeed "positive." The whole thing reminds of me of getting sent to the "office" in high school, after some bully had picked on me and gotten me mad. And, like then, here the results seem to be the same: The bully walks away scott-free, laughing under his breath, whilst I am taken to the boy's locker room and beaten severely about the buttocks for "stirring up trouble." That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Albeit, I intend to continue posting, despite those that have chosen to "ignore" me. As to the Webmaster and his negative assessment of me, all I can say is that he needs to more carefully read the threads and what led up to events and cast the blame where blame lies. I have nothing against anyone, and I never intend to be negative in any way, shape or form on this forum. As to firing back to the idgits that helped give me my "negative" rating, I await their return, and plan to put THEM on MY ignore list. Perhaps, though, they beat me to it. In the end, it just doesn't matter. I hope this clarifies things... once and for all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
The 'moderator' or 'webmaster' doesn't give out the red or green dots.

They are the voice of the people.

The box with the 'check' and the 'x' on the left are how you add to (or reduce) someone's reputation.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bullitt_5135 said:
The 'moderator' or 'webmaster' doesn't give out the red or green dots.

They are the voice of the people.

The box with the 'check' and the 'x' on the left are how you add to (or reduce) someone's reputation.
Nevermind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
The 'moderator' or 'webmaster' doesn't give out the red or green dots.

They are the voice of the people.

The box with the 'check' and the 'x' on the left are how you add to (or reduce) someone's reputation.
Kevin,

Thank You for that info. Very interesting.

Learn something everyday.



Terry
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
6,628 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
The 'moderator' or 'webmaster' doesn't give out the red or green dots.

They are the voice of the people.

The box with the 'check' and the 'x' on the left are how you add to (or reduce) someone's reputation.
Correct! The moderators and webmaster can see who gave you those marks, while you will see what threads you received them on by looking at your user control panel.

Regarding supercharging, a Bullitt with 500hp would be an amazing acceleration thrill ride. However, if I was going to do that, I would like to counterbalance the heavier front end with suspension tuning to preserve handling. That's one of the fun things about the Bullitt - corner carving!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
Well, I for one will be installing either the Roushcharger or the Saleen model (both are available under warranty from my dealer in Germany) along with the Eibach Pro-S suspension pack.
My reasons for this are varied: the suspension is a no-brainer - the stock set-up is designed as a compromise, comfort vs performance. I'm still treating this car as an occasional fast-street/track machine and not a DD, so I'm more concerned with traction and stability than with my back. Plus I'm afraid that German roads are about the best in Europe and I don't really need the amount of plush bounce that the stock set-up has. I'm also used to the staggeringly hard set-up that I've installed in my Cougar - I like to corner on rails and already I've noticed the Bullitt's back end tends to 'skip' a bit on anything but baby-butt smooth tarmac...Germany is full of awesome backroad, but some of the lanes (especially in the former East Germany) are narrow and twisty and lined with big trees (so the German Army can march in the shade, so the joke goes...). Hitting one of those trees will end my fun real quick - this is one place the car needs to stay on the road.

The supercharger is another matter - maybe I'll never realise the full potential of it, but I want the most efficient use power I can wring out of the 4.6...not the greatest - I'll be going for a more modest set-up, aiming for about 480bhp instead of the above-mentioned 500 - I think that'd put too much strain on the motor on extended high-speed drives, such as track days.
Also, remember I live in the land of unrestricted motorways populated by 175mph+ Beemers, Mercs and Audis - I'd hate to have to let the side down in front of all those arrogant, sneering Boxheads in thier company cars...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top