Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry ahead of time because I'm sure this has been beat to death but I can't find anything on it (maybe because I'm using tapatalk?). I'm interested in eventually adding an s/c, I would like a roots/screw type if possible but everything I find is for a GT or a later Cobra, I'm wondering if the GT models are compatible since our T/B's are different, looking at the Kenne Bell. Any info would be appreciated as I'd like to get as much info as possible before pulling the trigger.

Thanks,
Tony

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
I'm going to assume your car is an 08/09? If so Edelbrock's SC will work, but you have to acquire and adapt a GT throttle body.
If it's an 01, I think you will have to go with a centrifugal blower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's an 01'. Didnt include that because I thought I posted in the 01' section but maybe it goes to the whole forum. I'll update if I can

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry ahead of time because I'm sure this has been beat to death but I can't find anything on it (maybe because I'm using tapatalk?). I'm interested in eventually adding an s/c, I would like a roots/screw type if possible but everything I find is for a GT or a later Cobra, I'm wondering if the GT models are compatible since our T/B's are different, looking at the Kenne Bell. Any info would be appreciated as I'd like to get as much info as possible before pulling the trigger.

Thanks,
Tony

Car is an 01'

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,042 Posts
No it's an 01'. Didnt include that because I thought I posted in the 01' section but maybe it goes to the whole forum. I'll update if I can

Tony, go to :"User CP" and put in all the pertinent info in there so it will show up in your avatar when you make a post. :)

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I know there are several member on this site that have a boosted '01 Bullitt and hopefully one or more of those will respond. I seem to remember several that were using the Kenne Bell as well as several using a centrifugal blower.

This was discussed in a lot of detail many many years ago.

Reactions: Tony Martin

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
:D Go to tools, scroll down to advanced search, type in Kenne bell and see what pops up. Enjoy 😉

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the green bar right below the Bullitt car pictures Top of the page
I typed in Kenne bell and found a free threads, looks like they're using a standard GT throttle body for the s/c, would be cook if those throttle bodies and a simple plug &play swap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I typed in Kenne bell and found a free threads, looks like they're using a standard GT throttle body for the s/c, would be cook if those throttle bodies and a simple plug &play swap

A few threads* thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Brian Pearson has the Kenne Bell on his 01 and is very please with it.... his name on here is Hollow Point....

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I think there have been a handful that have put the Kenne Bell on their '01 Bullitt. There used to be an actual 2001 Bullitt kit from Kenne Bell. I don't know if they still have that specific kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think there have been a handful that have put the Kenne Bell on their '01 Bullitt. There used to be an actual 2001 Bullitt kit from Kenne Bell. I don't know if they still have that specific kit.
I contacted KB and they do not make a kit for the 01'Bullitt (not sure the sales guy really knew though) but I later found out about the tork-tech kit that enables the use of an 03/04 Cobra S/C.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Double check that Tork-Tech kit. I believe it requires some modifications to the hood (aka cutting some of the underside of the hood and removing the hood blanket).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Double check that Tork-Tech kit. I believe it requires some modifications to the hood (aka cutting some of the underside of the hood and removing the hood blanket).
Thanks I'll do that. The car has a fiberglass ram air hood with no insulation (on the car when I bought it) not sure if it provides extra clearance though.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Thanks,
Tony

I have a paxton centrifigal works great on my 08 B

1 - 20 of 23 Posts