Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have the Kenne Bell twin screw which I installed in 2009. The whine still brings a smile to my face after all these years. :)
Bruce
I bet it does!! Did you use the torq-tech kit, Is everything else stock? Just finished installing upr k-member w/coilovers and BBK long tubes, going for alignment tomorrow and she'll be ready to roll

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Sorry for not seeing this thread previously. The current Kenne Bell price list available online still lists a Bullitt specific kit for sale (TS1000-BULL). The kit doesn't differ much from a GT kit other than it comes with Kenne Bell fuel rails, an Accufab throttle body, and intake pipe. These items are included with the Bullitt kit since you cannot reuse the OEM Bullitt fuel rails, throttle body, or intake pipe. If they only sell the GT kit currently, I would imagine it would be easy to purchase the fuel rails, throttle body, and intake pipe separately to make it work on your car. Otherwise, the kit literally comes with everything you need minus 8 spark plugs and coolant. I've read great reviews about the Tork Tech kit. The main reason I didn't go that route is the fact that you must modify your hood to make it fit. I also wanted a twin screw as I've always been impressed with their efficiency and power potential, not to mention their immediate and consistent boost delivery throughout the rev range. As Ed mentioned, I had the Kenne Bell installed on my 01' in August of 2019. I've been very pleased with it as the car still serves as my daily driver and the blower hasn't negatively impacted driveability at all. Do expect a slight decrease in mpg even when driving normally (aka., without hammering it from every light). I saw a decrease of about -1 to -2 mpg as compared to OEM stock due to increased parasitic loss of driving the blower. My car made 413 rwhp and 434 rwtq. The rest of my engine and exhaust remains stock so I'd expect similar numbers with your 01'. Keep us updated on your decision and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts