Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:question: I hope someone will know the answer to this one I know that when you install a supercharger that the strut mounted bar must come off due to clearance issues do anyone think it would be possible to put some sort of shim or spacer type of thing under the strut bar where it mounts to gain the clearance or then would it be too high and interfere with closing the hood?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems every picture I see of a mustang / bullitt with a supercharger installed has had the bar taken just having a hard time with the thought of losing that look and my number.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question if you please sorry for all the questions but my bullitt is the first car ive ever owned that would be considered a perfomance car . A supercharger for example roush , adds about 125 hp to what we already have is this horse power good to go at all ranges of vehicle operation as in from jump street to a better top end or is the power just made to be used in a quarter mile type run . Also is the 4.6 internals strong enough to take this "up-grade " in power for years or am I risking the life expectancy of the engine taking into consideration the fact I don't drive balls out at all times but do like to get on it every once and a while.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Saleen doesn't. But you won't miss it! ;)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Check out the link in my signature... there is a small video on youtube I put up of my car. My Bullitt is also Roushcharged. Yes the strut came off; however, I went to a local machine shop and they stated that they think they can make it work.

As far as superchargers go; Roush makes two for your car ( http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1132 ) and ( http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1 ) ..

Just be advised that with the factory 3.73's and tires; you're first and second gear are about worthless. I'm currently investigating wheel and tire options to help me out. The thing will spin in third hear at 50 in downshifts.

Don't worry about yout internals in these new 3v's. A lot of guys at stangnet.com have blower set-ups. As long as you keep it at around 500 or below at the crank, you'll be fine. Good Luck!!

(on a side note, the smaller Roush supercharger is still capable of around 440 to the wheels with a Bamachips tune, bigger pulley, and CAI; probably a good route to go!!)

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys great answers big help all around.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
So I just signed up to allow Edelbrock to use 2297 as a test vehicle; considering the fact that it will be sitting in my garage for the next 7 months. I figure getting work done on it for free as well some cool free stuff, why not. I told my wife she will have to drop it off for me if they call. Their office is only about 90 miles from my house. That new supercharger they have is pretty sweeet, if I would only be so lucky.

·
Registered
969 Posts
strut tower brace limbo

i swapped emails with the folks over at edelbrock a while back inquiring about the height of their new supercharger because i was wanting to know if it would fit under our strut tower brace. they shared with me that the height of the supercharger was 9.25" tall.

the measurement i took from the top of the air intake plane (where our factory butterfly plates set or where delete plates would set) to the bottom of the strut tower brace appears to be in the neighborhood of 8 3/4". now my back-woods- math tells me that we would likely need about 3/4" to 1" more space beyond the above measurement for clearance of the factory strut bar.

since part of the supercharger would probably sit lower than this plane of the air intake ( this is purely speculation on my part here as i am making zero claims of expertise on the design dimensions of the edelbrock supercharger ) i am going to take a wild shot from the hip here and say that if cda1028 is lucky enough to be chosen to receive the new edelbrock supercharger that it will fit under the bullitt factory strut tower brace with a little room to spare.

again, this is all at best a guess-tamation on my part.

does anyone know of a mustang with the edelbrock superharger installed where measurements could be taken say in relation to the strut towers that would give us an accurate measurement of the "installed height" to compare for clearance of the strut tower brace?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Yes, I anxiously await how this new Edelbrock SC is going to look in a Bullitt. From the look of their promo photo it appears there would not be enough clearance on each side of the unit where the STB anchors. I like the specs for this new SC and hope we will be able to retain our STB's if we go the Edelbrock route.

·
Registered
161 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
i swapped emails with the folks over at edelbrock a while back inquiring about the height of their new supercharger because i was wanting to know if it would fit under our strut tower brace. they shared with me that the height of the supercharger was 9.25" tall.

the measurement i took from the top of the air intake plane (where our factory butterfly plates set or where delete plates would set) to the bottom of the strut tower brace appears to be in the neighborhood of 8 3/4". now my back-woods- math tells me that we would likely need about 3/4" to 1" more space beyond the above measurement for clearance of the factory strut bar.

since part of the supercharger would probably sit lower than this plane of the air intake ( this is purely speculation on my part here as i am making zero claims of expertise on the design dimensions of the edelbrock supercharger ) i am going to take a wild shot from the hip here and say that if cda1028 is lucky enough to be chosen to receive the new edelbrock supercharger that it will fit under the bullitt factory strut tower brace with a little room to spare.

again, this is all at best a guess-tamation on my part.

does anyone know of a mustang with the edelbrock superharger installed where measurements could be taken say in relation to the strut towers that would give us an accurate measurement of the "installed height" to compare for clearance of the strut tower brace?
Gerald,
I have been considering this Edelbrock supercharger even before I purchased #2297, when I still had an 06 GT. I just sent them an email explaining that I am deploying for Iraq and the Bullitt will basically be sitting in my garage for the next 7 months. I basically told them that anything they could find to test on a 2008 Bullitt I am game. I figure free performance mods done by the manufacturer is a pretty sweet deal. I talked my wife into taking the car up to their shop in Torrance, if they decide to use my car. I think its just wishfull thinking they would hook me up with a free E-Force supercharger, but who knows...

I will keep you all posted if anything develops.

Chris

·
Registered
969 Posts
mo measurements

originally posted by cda1028:

Gerald,
I have been considering this Edelbrock supercharger even before I purchased #2297, when I still had an 06 GT. I just sent them an email explaining that I am deploying for Iraq and the Bullitt will basically be sitting in my garage for the next 7 months. I basically told them that anything they could find to test on a 2008 Bullitt I am game. I figure free performance mods done by the manufacturer is a pretty sweet deal. I talked my wife into taking the car up to their shop in Torrance, if they decide to use my car. I think its just wishfull thinking they would hook me up with a free E-Force supercharger, but who knows...

I will keep you all posted if anything develops.

Chris
chris,

first off-- you get on back home safely. cars are secondary when it comes to deployments.

second--i hope edlebrock chooses your bullitt to install that new supercharger on. more on that in a minute...

third--i sent another email to the good folks over at edlebrock inquiring more specifically about the 9.25" height measurement they gave me the first time around. when i get a response, i will post the info here on this thread. we'll see how accurate my "shooting from the hip" was.

fourth--sounds like you have a great wife there. good for you! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you to receive that free supercharger. seems i remember reading an article in a recent mustang magazine where a company bolted on a supercharger(saleen i think) to a fellow's mustang while he was deployed. the soldier came back home and was totally blown away---litterally and figuratively speaking! personally, i think it would be great publicity for edlebrock to put that supercharger on your bullitt and do a write up on it. free sc for you while you are off serving your country. win-win!

·
Registered
969 Posts
gentlemen...start your superchargers

ok boys and girls.... this just in. it appears that there is a claim by chris over at tillman speed that the new edlebrock supercharger will fit under the bullitt factory strut tower brace. post #136 i believe it was. seems there is a current bullitt owner who has already ordered one of the new edlebrock superchargers for his ride too.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=474111&page=7

i'll still post the results of the second email i sent to edlebrock on this thread when i get it. good news here...perhaps. we'll see.

·
Registered
161 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
chris,

first off-- you get on back home safely. cars are secondary when it comes to deployments.

second--i hope edlebrock chooses your bullitt to install that new supercharger on. more on that in a minute...

third--i sent another email to the good folks over at edlebrock inquiring more specifically about the 9.25" height measurement they gave me the first time around. when i get a response, i will post the info here on this thread. we'll see how accurate my "shooting from the hip" was.

fourth--sounds like you have a great wife there. good for you! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you to receive that free supercharger. seems i remember reading an article in a recent mustang magazine where a company bolted on a supercharger(saleen i think) to a fellow's mustang while he was deployed. the soldier came back home and was totally blown away---litterally and figuratively speaking! personally, i think it would be great publicity for edlebrock to put that supercharger on your bullitt and do a write up on it. free sc for you while you are off serving your country. win-win!
Thanks Brother!
Well, I am officially in Iraq as of the 16th. Not sure if I will have much access to the internet for the next 7 months, but I will definitely keep everyone posted if anything happens with #2297!

Chris

·
Registered
969 Posts
shootin from the hip

just spoke with ron over at edelbrock on the tech support line. he couldn't give me the numbers for the dimensions on how high off the intake plane the new tvs supercharger sits. he did say that it will fit under the bullitt strut tower brace though.

ron also said that with their standard tvs kit for the mustang that we would need to have a factory gt air box set up and that our bullitt cai would not work. this is because of fitment issues and their standard tune supplied with the kit is based on the regular gt air box application.

the saga continues.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Cool.

Couldn't use the stock Bullitt intake with the Saleen kit either. No matter, with the upgraded intake tube, this one flows much better and keeps that pesky supercharger whine mostly at bay.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.