Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there is a supercharger system available that ford will cover under warranty? i heard that the roots blower on rousch cars could be installed and was covered but my dealer says no. how about SHM? do they warrant engines with blowers?

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is a tough call. You know...you can buy a Lightning and it is all covered. They apparently build the motor around it. That would explain why I had 4 leaking intercoolers on my 99 Lightning when I had it. Well built parts...my arse....anyway...

I'd say you are not going to be covered when you add something like that because it is putting an undo stress on the engine. With the blower on, you have pretty well given them an excuse to zonk your warranty.

This is unless of course that the mustang came from the factory with this done to it, which is obviously not going to happen yet. Sure, there are tuner cars out there, but that is also a different case.

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I believe that you can get a warrantied Supercharger IF you have it installed by one of the Ford authorized tuners out there.. Saleen or Roush.. You have to buy the SC from them and have them install it.
One of our Ford delaers out there will have to speak to the specifics but I think that's how it goes...

·
Registered
762 Posts
n8tr bottom line is if you install it (or have someone else do it) you and you alone assume liability if damage occurs to your engine as a result. I have recent experience in this so trust me. As for Ford recognizing your warranty if a blower is installed, they probably will not. To date the only manufacter-mustang is the Saleen S281 SC. Warranty claims would have to be settled by Saleen/Ford dealerships. Tuner cars is a little different from what I have learned. Roush Performance currently only has one Mustang that has a supercharger which comes complete with a warranty which is honored by Ford. As for Steeda, SHM, Kenny Brown, only if those cars were built by them and sold through one of there authorized dealers would warranty claims be honored by them (not by Ford). Maybe you have a dealership where you are that would be sympathetic but I bet that would only be if their service department did the work.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I agree. If YOU,put the blower on,or have a local HP shop do it,then you are the man when it blows!! It needs to be done at the factory level or an approved tuner car,sold thru Ford dealers.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh well, i guess i will have to wait 75000 miles until i get one. the warranty is important because the car is for business use and i can't be driving something that is not covered. i can't wait to get one though. there was a stock 99 gt with a procharger at the track last night running high 12's on goodyear street tires!!!!! i'd buy that for a dollar

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Good idea, waiting for the warranty to expire is best. And going with a safe amount of boost and dyno tuning is even better. Than if you have problems, rebuild the bottom end better than ever and add more boost. Power is what is all about.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought my car from a authorized roush dealer. yesterday when i went to get my hard tags, i was looking at a stage 3 roush. i asked my salesman was there any way to get the blower added to my car and be waranteed. He said yes, all i would have to do it talk to the regional roush manager to have it setup. he went on to tell me that the stage 3 was once just like my car and it can be done.

the down side is it has got to be VERY expensive, the good side is what you spend extra, you still have a factory warantee.

if i were in the market for a blower now, i would try to get hold of the roush regional manager in your area.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Your Roush regional manager is Joey Walls in Mooresville NC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts