Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Supercharging #4816

673 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Bullitt#4660 
#1 ·
I am planning to supercharge #4816 and need a little help if there is anyone out there who has already superchared theirs. The kits that I have seen in the magazine specifically for Bullitt seem to be rather high dollar. I thought that I have seen an article where someone modified a Vortech blower for a standard GT to work on Bullitt. Anyone recall that particular set-up?

#3 ·
Basically, I was just wondering about the power pipe from the blower to the throttle body? Also does it bolt right onto the existing taps in the heads without having to do any further modification. And if you have a part #, price, or any other info. that would be much appreciated.

#4 ·
The discharge tube is what you are referring to. It comes in 2 pieces and is all aluminum. As for the mounting ofhte blower itself, it uses existing holes everywhere except for the oil drain line. For that you will need to make a hole and tap it. Other than that it is a true bolt on.

The most difficult part of the install is the fuel pump, everything else should take you more than a day total. The fuel pump is just a pain, 1-3 hours max on that part.

Hope that helps.

#5 ·
Well, I was checking the prices on a blower for a regular GT compared to one made for the Bullitt and they are pretty much the same price however, I thought buying one for a regular GT was going to be much cheaper. If you could, drop me a part # so I can check for pricing.

#8 ·
Would it be possible to run the blower at a slower ratio and use the aftercooler to put the boost at 6-7psi?
I ask b/c I like the idea of a blower but would like to keep the boost low for reliability. The cooler output would also help eliminate pre-detonation.

Would this be a waste of money (the aftercooler) if you run at a lower boost level. Is this too cautious? What kind of rwhp could I expect with 6-7psi boost? Are the 4.10's too much gear for this power level?

Thanks in advance for your replies 'o forced induction gurus!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.