Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here actually have the Kenne Bell 2.1 9PSI twin screw? It's just about perfect for the motor, with minor upgrades that come with the kit, but I was wondering if anyone here did it and had issues with it. I was planning on getting one after I get back from my second Iraq deployment, considering they carry a hefty $5,400 price tag. I just gotta have that Terminator sound though, man it's sweet.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
There are several,here,that are running that supercharger.
However,I often wonder what happened to those old FRPP 2V Roots Chargers,that Ford had in inventory,some years ago. They never finished putting the install kit together,and dropped the whole package. But the blower/manifold combo went somewhere?
I liked the setup,even though it wasn't a powerfull as other blowers,it was perfect for the 2V engine and there was a lot of press on it at the time.
Maybe I'll find one at some swap meet! They went somewhere!!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
efahrenholz,
I have the identical setup and absolutely love it! It was a self install and I did have a few minor issues, but they were easily resolved. At first I thought it was a lot of money and a semi difficult install....but....after the first WOT, the acceleration and whine made me quickly forget! I can send you a write-up of my install if you pm me your e-mail address (it's too large to place it here or in a PM).
Bruce

PS I should have said this first....Thanks for all that you and yor fellow GI's are doing for us!

·
Registered
154 Posts
So what all do the kenne bell kits come with for the Bullitt? Cause i to want to put this kit on and before I go buying other parts like throttle bodies and maf, i want to be sure i'm not gonna buy something that the kit already comes with.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
01LonestarBullitt said:
So what all do the kenne bell kits come with for the Bullitt? Cause i to want to put this kit on and before I go buying other parts like throttle bodies and maf, i want to be sure i'm not gonna buy something that the kit already comes with.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
The only thing it didn't come with was spark plugs (<$20). The kit and instructions are thorough, professional, etc.
Bruce

·
Registered
154 Posts
So are there any parts that you would recommend before buying the Kenne Bell kit, I'm already planning on getting a full 3" exhaust, maybe long tube headers but still debating that one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
kenne bell

i have also heard good things about the kenne bell and i would like to eventually put it on the bullitt. i have been doing the research and the closest centri. charger was the procharger it put down 370 at 10psi and the kenne bell will do about 380 at 9. i guess just personal pref. personally im a turbo guy i just dont have the funds to get it....and the whine is cool ha. but any way yeah the kenne bell does sound like the best way to go to me also

·
Registered
154 Posts
well i read up on an article in Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine comparing twin screw, roots, and centrifugal style superchargers, and basically said the centri style's were best for top end power applications while the roots and twin screw were better for bottom end power. But i guess it really does come down to personal preference, and application.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some one on this site told me to buy this book "Building 4.6/5.4 FORD HORSEPOWER on the dyno" the best book ever!!! starts off with throttle bodies and inlet elbows, then to intake manifolds, then cyliner heads, camshafts,nitrous, 2v supercharging, 3v and 4v supercharging, turbocharging, next is exhaust and then the last chapter is engine build ups. Over 180 dyno graphs of before and after of each part, this book has helped me choose my parts a little better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.