Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed a Superchip and had problems?
I install one (1) on a stock, except 100mm densecharger, and it worked great for four (4) days.
I was going to lunch at Wendys today and while waiting in the drive-thru line the car cut off.
"It was pretty embarrassing as six (6) local policemen had just walked out of Wendys and they were looking at my car, due to the it being a Bullitt, Borla side exhaust and the sound, and then the car cuts off. They started to laugh.
I wanted to tell them to find a doughnut shop."
I disconnected the battery and waited four
(4) minutes and reconnected the battery.
It started up, I left Wendys and one (1)
mile down the road it cut off again.
I took the computer out, removed the Superchip, I started the car up and NO
PROBLEM after that...
I called the Superchip people and he told me that the chip was not making good connection.
I had it in good and then taped it "REAL GOOD" so it would not loosen up.
If anybody had problems, please let me know!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have an AutoLogic chip that I installed and I have one idea for you to check (forgive me if you've checked this already)...
By "Connection" I know what they mean...they're talking about the metal bits at the end of the circuit board. You have to sand them down (I used fine sandpaper wrapped around the end of a screwdriver) UNTIL THE CONNECTORS GO FROM A SILVER COLOR TO A COPPER/BRONZE COLOR.
After I was done with the installation my car would start and then die or run very rough. I took it all aprt again and saw that some of the connectors still needed sanding.
Be patient and gentls and take your time to be sure not to sand too much (through to the circuit board)....It requiredmuch more aggressive sanding than I had thought it would though.
I think this would be a great place for you to look first.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a Performance Ford SuperChip in both my Bullitt and Expedition. No problems with the Bullitt, but the Expedition had your symptoms. I did find that I had not cleaned all the contacts very well (and it was my second installation). I guess I was in a hurry. I cleaned it twice and then it worked fine although, with my expedition, I had to drive it about 15 miles on the interstate before she finally self-tuned itself in. Now it runs great.

I agree with Dennis, make absolutely sure all the "rubbery" stuff is off EACH contact.

2001 Mustang GT Bullitt #910
Dark Highland Green,w/fogs, Steeda Tri-Ax, Denscharger, SuperChip, Alum D/S,MGW Stuff.
1967 Mustang GT Coupe, HP 390, 4 spd Hurst,Aculpulco Blue.
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/Uploads/1010888

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: schmedlap on 2002-01-16 05:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: schmedlap on 2002-01-16 05:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: schmedlap on 2002-01-16 05:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bob,
I tried to e-mail you answering your e-mail to me, but, my buddy at AOL, Mr. Daemon bounced it back to me saying your address contained "fatal errors"??? I love "Daemon". I think he loves bouncing e-mails!

2001 Mustang GT Bullitt #910
Dark Highland Green,w/fogs, Steeda Tri-Ax, Denscharger, SuperChip, Alum D/S,MGW Stuff.
1967 Mustang GT Coupe, HP 390, 4 spd Hurst,Aculpulco Blue.
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/Uploads/1010888

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: schmedlap on 2002-01-16 05:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
schmedlap,

Which engine is in your Expedition and what kind of difference did you see/feel with the chip? I hate to use premium for a chip, but right now my Expedition pings without premium , so since I'm paying for it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts