Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this message from Superchips in response to a question about the expectations for a basically stock Bullitt. Does anyone have an opinion on it?

Hi,
You will gain about 23 HP and 34 ft/lb of Torque! You could also
gain about 1 to 2 miles per gallon, depending on vehicle condition and
driving habits. The SUPERCHIP tunes the motor to 91 octane so premium fuel
must be used. We also remap the shift pattern of the transmission and
improve the shift firmness. The SUPERCHIP will remove the top speed limiter,
and raise the rev limiter 200 to 400 RPM. The price is $265.00 + shipping
($10 UPS ground) Part # 1100. We can also do custom programming for vehicles
that have been modified such as a gear change or a supercharger for an
additional $125.00. You can call us @ 888-227-2447 if you have any more
questions.

Thank you for your interest in Superchips
Nearest Dealer @ 800-898-CHIP
http://www.superchips.com/

·
Registered
714 Posts
I guess the transmission programming would be irrelevent for our cars since they are all manuals. The horsepower increase they quote sounds pretty optimistic to me just by bumping up the timing. I heard the timing program on the Bullitt is already set at a pretty aggressive advance, so much so that some early cars had to go back to the dealer to be reprogrammed due to detonation problems. My 2 cents.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt#4660 on 2001-11-09 12:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that it seemed too good. I specifically asked him about a stock Bullitt, and they are only manual. Makes me wonder, however $300 for 275hp + 23hp = 298hp is nice. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I keep waiting for them to come out with the Power Programmer for the '01 cars. Then you can rework timing etc, and make changes for gear changes and a couple of other parameters.

Did they mention if the Programmer is ready?

Brian

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, above is the exact reply that I got.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I installed a SuperChip in my Bullitt and have noticed a drastic difference in acceleration. I do burn 91 to 94 octane and have found that there is more power in O/D at rpms below 2000. Haven't had it checked on a dyno, but it sure feels like it made a difference.

·
Registered
237 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-09 12:08, 5111 wrote:
I thought that it seemed too good. I specifically asked him about a stock Bullitt, and they are only manual. Makes me wonder, however $300 for 275hp + 23hp = 298hp is nice. Anyone know for sure?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That's like a form letter in your first post. People ask that question all the time. Of course, they are going to give you numbers you 'may' get. You could also get only 1 hp/tq from that chip on a stock Bullitt. However, if you were determined to get one, try to set up an appointment to get a before and after dyno when you receive the chip. There is a 30 day money back gaurantee on that particular chip. So, if you get your car dynoed and the numbers don't reflect what they advertise, you can get your money back. They also say that after the install it will take a hundred miles of driving to get the chip to operate. :smile:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I have a SuperChip,by Paul's HP. I saw a gain of 5 HP at peak power RPM,5000,and the power did not fall off as much with the chip. But of course,it didn't show me any gains at the strip.....poor traction!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I got a chip from Dallas Mustang. Contrary to the earlier post, they are very simple to install. I installed mine myself in just a few minutes. I do have to burn the higher octane gas now but it is a bit more spunky.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Superchips response is canned, it's just about word for word what they told me when I asked them about a chip for my 94 Lightning. I wasn't disappointed though. It made a big difference in acceleration. A real seat of the pants improvement. I'm going to get the SuperChip for my Bullitt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts