Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Surprise At The Scales ... EDIT ERROR!!

While I was waiting at the Ford dealer for some minor work to be done to my Bullitt, I took a 2007 Mustang GT, manual trans, for a test ride.

My first stop was to the grain store where there is a truck scale.

The 07 Mustang GT with a manual trans tipped the scales at 3280 (ERROR) pounds. I would have guessed at least 200 pounds more.

Then I took my stock Bullitt to the same scale and got a reading of 3190 (ERROR) pounds.

So there is only a 90-pound difference between the 07 Mustang GT and the Bullitt. Never would have guessed it.

EDIT .... ERROR!
I JUST LEARNED THAT THE SCALE WAS OFF. I WENT TO A NEW, VERY WELL CALIBRATED SCALE AND THE 01 BULLITT WEIGHED IN AT 3320 POUNDS. MY 04 GT WEIGHED THE SAME 3320 POUNDS.

I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT THE 07 MANUAL MUSTANG GT WAS 90 POUNDS MORE THAN THE BULLITT BUT THE OVERALL WEIGHT WAS LOW BY 130 POUNDS.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too. I don't think I will be buying an S197 Mustang.

I posted on your thread.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well somebody is getting cheated on grain! No way an 07 GT is that light. Most 2001 Bullitts weigh in at 3320-3400 lbs.,depending on fuel load. Mine was 3320,with 1/4 tank of fuel on certified scales. Most weights I've read on the new Stangs is in the 3500+ area. It is a larger platform you know.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder how much difference an auto trans would make. Those cars could be a couple hundred pounds heavier.

I can only report what I saw and weighed both cars on the same scale within 30 minutes of each other.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Don't know about the weight difference, but the size difference is definately noticeable. After driving the Shelby for two weeks last year and then gettnig back in the Bullitt it was like going from a Town Car to a Focus. The newer ones are alot bigger than the Bullitts.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The new stangs are about 6" longer, 2" wider and 3" taller than the Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chilli bullitt said:
Don't know about the weight difference, but the size difference is definately noticeable. After driving the Shelby for two weeks last year and then gettnig back in the Bullitt it was like going from a Town Car to a Focus. The newer ones are alot bigger than the Bullitts.
Hi Cam,
Is that the GT or the GT500? The 500 SHOULD feel a lot bigger and heavier.

But even I noticed, just going from the 07 Mustang GT back to the Bullitt, that my car felt lighter, more agile and definitely smaller. It was like comin' home again.

I like that the S197 has less front overhang putting the front wheels farther forward, but I don't like the fact that it is longer, a little wider and a little taller than the SN95. I am really surprised that the 07GT is not much heavier. It just feels that way.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Granted the cars are totally different but why are people in such denial over the S197? The new '08 Bullitt is going to look kick a$$ and I'd think the new Boss should look equally good. Presently I'm saving up to buy one or the other.

FYI... For those that care IMO my Bullitt seats and driving position is much more comfortable then a S197.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys, Be Sure To See The Edit On The Top Of This Thread.

Today I Took Another Stock Bullitt To The Scale And Weighed The Front Wheels And Then The Rear Wheels.

Front: 1940 Lbs

Rear: 1360 Pounds

Total Weight As Weighed With All Wheels On The Scale: 3300, The Sum Of The Front And Rear, So I Suppose The Front And Rear Wheel Weights Are Correct.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's exactly 58% front and 42% rear for the Bullitt.

Anyone have an accurate weight distribution for the S197?

IMPORTANT: SEE THE EDIT AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Hey, speaking of vehicle weights...I took my '07 CVPI to the local NHRA dragstrip recently and it weighed in at 2,760 pounds! I was so freaking happy I exited the vehicle and sang AC/DC's "Hell's Bells". Really.

:py2:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Cochese said:
Hey, speaking of vehicle weights...I took my '07 CVPI to the local NHRA dragstrip recently and it weighed in at 2,760 pounds! I was so freaking happy I exited the vehicle and sang AC/DC's "Hell's Bells". Really.

:py2:

Was that the front or rear ????? :)

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, exactly!

How can this be?? A Crown Vic at 2760 pounds?

It is totally stripped for racing, right? Even so, 2760?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts