Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on official business the other day I openned up the bullitt to see what it had. I got up to about 125 mph and it was very strong all the way up and had a lot left when I backed out of it. However, I was very disapointed with the softness of the suspension. My Crown Vic PI is a lot tighter at 120-130 mph than my Bullitt is...why? It seems that a high performance sports car would handle better...any ideas to stiffen this up a little?

I just saw posted at BON that a recall may be coming on the bullitt suspension. anyone else heard of this.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree with you crimecrusher, although the suspension is much improved over the stock GT it needs to be a bit firmer if you're into high speed aggressive driving. Living over here will allow me to use my Bullitt in this way so I ordered the following additions to bring it all under control under those extreme conditions:
Steeda aluminium rear upper and lower control arms, Steeda heavy duty subframe connector which I'll weld in; Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates which I'll set up with factory toe in, -1 degree caster, and 6 degree camber; Maximum Motorsport stainless steel brake lines; FMS aluminium driveshaft; and Eibach Sportline Springs. I'll determine if the the stock Tokikos are suitable with those springs after some driving. If they are not I have some Tokiko 5 ways that I bought from a friend that I could use. And just in case anyone wonders I save every stock piece I remove in the unlikely event that I will sell my Bullitt or want to it restore to its stock condition for that Pebble Beach Concours in 2032. :smile:

·
Registered
762 Posts
I won't know for sure until I get them on the car which according to my shipping agent will be on these shores next Saturday. However, the Roush suspension is about as excellent as they come from a Tuner/Factory car. No bumpsteer, no high speed foating and very little brake dive. Cornering is also a strong point but is also limited by the tire selection. I tried Yokohama AVS sports (not a good experience) BFG Comp TA's (okay) and now BFG G-Force (by far the best choice for my dry road activities)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Roush..

I am sure you meant -1 degree camber, not caster. Typically, you want about 4 to 4.5 degrees Caster and I would set toe at a 16th toe in for the street.

Brian

·
Registered
762 Posts
Good catch FordBullitt, yes that's what I meant "dyslexia from suffer I sometimes"

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-18 09:01, roushraven99 wrote:
Good catch FordBullitt, yes that's what I meant "dyslexia from suffer I sometimes"
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

roflmao

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
offical business was...on my home from training one night I volunteered to keep an eye on a drunk driver until a unit could catch up. When a unit caght up, the Lt asked me to stay so I had to hurry home and get ready.

Whatever!
Some hidden strobe would be cool!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Crimecrusher I'll make sure next time I'm through Texas in my Bullitt I'll slow down cause I know I can't outrun my own kind. :razz:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts