Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order new suspension components and would like to hear your opionions and if everything seems in order. I don't autocross but am aiming mainly for looks with a little better handling and replacemnet of many worn parts. I may go to the strip occasionaly but the car has over 100k miles. I don't foresee any 5,000 RPM luanches.

*MM 4 bolt CC plates
*Bilsteins F/R (HD)
*Monroe quad shocks
*MM full length SFC
*H&R Super Sports (may substitute the Sports or Ribach Pro-Kit if feedback is negative. How are the MM springs? How about the StangSuspension springs? They appear to be the same as the H&R Sports but less expensive.)
*Spring isolators and pinion snubber
*MM sway bar busings and end links
*MM aluminum rack bushings - center drilled (would urethane be better for me?)
*MM HD LCA's (any other suggestions)
*FRPP UCA (maybe)
*FRPP Cobra A arms (would new bushings and ball joints be just as good? It appears the arms are almost the same price)
* Outer tiie-rod ends (maybe)

Anything missing or wrong with this set-up? Any reason to think I need a bumpsteer kit?

It looks like StangSuspension is the place to buy everything? Any feed back about them?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
looks great

I will say that I have a friend with Super Sports and Tokicos (I would go Bilesteins though, as you are) and I have to say it rides BETTER than my stock Bullitt IMHO. Very firm but not rough. Which is damn amazing considering it's damn near 2 inches in the weeds. He also did the MM camber plates along with the required pinion snubber. I say required cause you will be riding on your stocker if you leave it in. I had that happen with my 96GT and let me tell you, it's not fun!

Very nice plan and a mirror image of what I would consider/do.

I will note that a few people mentioned that using the aftermarket control arms will give you more vibration and noise in the cabin. I would also look at the rear panhard bar from MM. I am thinking about getting one myself. Good for keeping the rear centered.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you do upper and lower controll arms you can take out your quad shocks. I had lakewood traction action arms on my 88gt and there was very very very little noise increase from the rear. mainly the first few days there were some creaks but I dont even think they could be heard outside the car. They definatly help the rear hook.

·
Registered
258 Posts
do the panhard bar. once you change all these other items it'll be very worth it. the rear will track with the front end much, much better. no more play in the rear. totally solid.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
the exact reason im having my exaust custom made.
My exhaust is custom made to fit around the panhard bar...BUT it limits the size (width)of tires I can run in the rear due to rubbing. I was going to go with the Griggs adj. panhard bar but would have had to go with turndowns on the exhaust. Nothing wrong with that but I thought my Bullitt looked better with the exhaust tips. Something to keep in mind if you do a panhard bar or watts link set-up.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Pinion snubbers come with the springs, don't buy a separate one. I have dealt with Stang Suspension and had very good service.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Yea, I thought you could ditch the quad shocks when you did LCA/UCA replacements. :???: Unless it's required for road racing (which I no nothing about).

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
Yea, I thought you could ditch the quad shocks when you did LCA/UCA replacements. :???: Unless it's required for road racing (which I no nothing about).
maximum motorsports told me that. i'm going with their lca's and panhard bar and they told me to scrap the quads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts