Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just got some 17X9\10.5 wheels and tires, All I need to do is put them on. I already know I will probably want to lower the car after I see the new wheels on it. So in this thread I want everyone with suspension mods to list what they have done, and any problems they ran into (rubbing, rolling fenders, ect.ect.) along with some pics.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
258 Posts
i've pretty much splurged on a number of things from Maximum Motorsports like a many other people here. everything i've bought has worked well, and fit as it should. the only issues i've run into is NVH. caster camber plates, urethane bushings, panhard bar, torque arm, adjustable sway bar, stiffer springs, konis on a stiff setup and tries with a much stiffer sidewalls make for a bumpy, and very noisy ride. i pretty much only drive the car to and from the track. that about as much street driving as i can take before it feels like my teeth are going to shake loose. i'd just keep in mind that most things you do to make a bullitt handle better make it stiffer and thus noisier and harsher.

that being said, my car goes like stink now. drives like a sportscar ought to.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I went the MM route as well like several people on here (http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134852)

Only change I've made since is I bumped up the rear springs from 250 to 275 lbs since I was bottoming out constantly with the 250's. Ride is much smoother now with the 275's on there.

I love the way it looks now, and it handles like a dream around corners.

-Tim

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have 17/9s in front and 17/10.5s in the rear. I installed Eibach Prokit Springs with UPR chrome moly upper and lower control arms. They gave the Bullitt a great stance.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WIXBULLITT said:
I have 17/9s in front and 17/10.5s in the rear. I installed Eibach Prokit Springs with UPR chrome moly upper and lower control arms. They gave the Bullitt a great stance.
Any pix??
Thanks for the responses so far keep them coming.:)

Hey socal, school me a little bit on coil overs. Did you need new front control arms? and can you adjust ride height? let me know any other info please.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Black4592 said:
Any pix??
Thanks for the responses so far keep them coming.:)

Hey socal, school me a little bit on coil overs. Did you need new front control arms? and can you adjust ride height? let me know any other info please.
No, I didn't get any new control arms. I'm sure they would certainly help in performance and weight savings, but I just didn't want to spend the money (that upgrade alone cost me about $3,200+ after accounting for labor). You can adjust the ride height with coil-overs. You basically just use a wrench and twist the bottom of the spring to the desired height (since it's connected to the shock). I had the shop owner I take my car to do all of that work. We put it as low as we could without rubbing or bottoming out the suspension.

It's a completely different ride than stock. It's certainly stiffer, but it just sticks around corners... it feels how a sports car should feel. I'ld definitely recommend getting the full-length subframe connectors. I got the global-west tri-ladder subframes. They probably made the biggest difference in the feel of the car, plus I can jack up my car in 5 seconds if needed now. :)

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know.

-Tim

·
Registered
359 Posts
Suspension Thread

I have full length weld-in subframe connectors.
What I immediately noticed is that the car is much quieter, especially when on rough roads or when hitting bumps.
I did not notice any difference in handling.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I just saw "FL bullitts" thread on his h&r sport spring install and I'm starting to like them the more I read about them. I think the Super sports may be a little lower than I'm looking to go. Anymore info\pics would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
359 Posts
#1800 has full length subframe connectors welded in.
No difference noted for street or track handling.
The car is much quieter driving now, most noticeable, when going over a bump.
going slow, the subframes still may contact speed bumps.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
mods are in my garage. Everything has been an improvement so far. No negative feedback about any of the stuff I have put on it. I just wish I could have done more of a 'one at a time' mod to see individual differences. Full Length subframes I 'feel' has been the best mod in the suspension department for my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts