Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some of the new rear end parts Sunday. You can see them at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/18367860FGhqmqHQOO

The install for the panhard rod is not for the mechanically dis-inclined.. :smile:I painted all the rusty parts of the rear end while I was in there. Also note, that the rear sway bar in missing in the pictures. A new adjustable one will be going on in the next installment. Email me if anyone has any questions.

Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
FB,
I'm not quite ready for the suspension mods. I gave myself a goal of 300hp (n/a) first. Another 10 to go, and then I can get to work on my suspension.

As suspensions seem to be your interest, I have a couple of questions. I thought that w/ a panhard set-up, you had to have side exhaust or dumps. That doesn't seem to be the case on yours. Did you have to do something special, or was it the kit you picked? Also, I understand that you have to have heavier rear springs. Since I wanted to get H&R' all the way aound, w/ about a 2" drop, what would you suggest for sprong rates front/back? Last question (for now), is the street version lca's (poly on both ends) an adequate system w/ the panhard for a stret car?

thanks for any info you can give me.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rsom1..

The kit I installed is from Maximum Motorsports. It is designed to clear the stock exhaust system and also keep the rear end cover accessible. It does both very well, I am pleased with it's installation. Stiffer rear springs is not a requirement for a panhard bar, you may be confusing it with a torque arm which does.

Lastly, you don't all urethane bushings in the LAC's or uppers either. If you look at the pic of the MM lca, one end has a spherical bearing to reduce suspension binding. I would suggest you visit the Maximum Motorsports web site and read up on their engineering theories.

Brian

You want to keep the rear springs rates soft for better hookup. You can certainly go stiffer on the fronts if you like. I plan on keeping the stock springs as I like the ride and this won't be a full blown track car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
thanks a lot FordBullitt, I'll go over there now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts