Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just kicking this idea around for now, but does anyone think I could pull off an "even-up" trade, my '08 HG Bullitt (1,340 mi.) for a super-straight stock '68 GT 390 Bullitt replica? Or is that not do-able? Just wonderin'. Thanks, y'all.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, 21 people have read this and no one has said a word. I guess this means that no one would be interested in a trade. But, that doesn't surprise me. If I had a nice restored '68, I wouldn't part with it either. Interesting.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I dont see it. The prices of the replicas are crazy. I have seen them on the internet for 40 plus thousand and they were not perfect at all. You can build one but thats even more money.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Well, 21 people have read this and no one has said a word. I guess this means that no one would be interested in a trade. But, that doesn't surprise me. If I had a nice restored '68, I wouldn't part with it either. Interesting.
And probably not one of those 21...make it 22...people have a 68 to even consider your proposal. Stop jumping to conclusions around here!

I think the swap is possible, but it just depends on the condition and options on the 68. A fully restored, well optioned car...especially a 390 car, will be worth more than your 08. Especially considering the future devaluation of the 08.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
rangerdoc said:
And probably not one of those 21...make it 22...people have a 68 to even consider your proposal. Stop jumping to conclusions around here!

I think the swap is possible, but it just depends on the condition and options on the 68. A fully restored, well optioned car...especially a 390 car, will be worth more than your 08. Especially considering the future devaluation of the 08.
I'll swap my Cougar for your Coupe! :wink:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
First Issue ...

I think you need to ask yourself first if the 68 you're swapping for it expected to replace the 2008 for the same purpose you bought the 2008 for. If it is, then YES ... if not, then you might want to think a little harder about that.

The 10.5 compression from 1968 almost forbids any modern-day fuels that are as easily available as the fuels for the 2008. Fuel is REALLY that important. If you cant find the fuel for it then you'll be in a bind.

Just something to think about ... (????) :idea: :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
If my 67 Bullitt clone was finished I would tell you HELL NO.....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
I'm just kicking this idea around for now, but does anyone think I could pull off an "even-up" trade, my '08 HG Bullitt (1,340 mi.) for a super-straight stock '68 GT 390 Bullitt replica? Or is that not do-able? Just wonderin'. Thanks, y'all.
You should check out ebay right now. Two 67s see if they want to trade.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigBullitt said:
I'll swap my Cougar for your Coupe! :wink:
Not. :lol:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Jimmy Ray said:
If my 67 Bullitt clone was finished I would tell you HELL NO.....
A simple "no way in the world" would've sufficed. :lol: I was just asking a question, Jimmy. Now I know. Thanks heaps.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TXBLUOVAL said:
I think you need to ask yourself first if the 68 you're swapping for it expected to replace the 2008 for the same purpose you bought the 2008 for. If it is, then YES ... if not, then you might want to think a little harder about that.

The 10.5 compression from 1968 almost forbids any modern-day fuels that are as easily available as the fuels for the 2008. Fuel is REALLY that important. If you cant find the fuel for it then you'll be in a bind.

Just something to think about ... (????) :idea: :idea: :idea:
That's a good point. Well, like I said, I was just "kicking" the idea around. I think for now I'll just "kick it to the curb." Thanks for the info.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rangerdoc said:

I wasn't "jumping to conclusions." Since no one said a word all day, I just figured it was a bad idea since no one commented. And it certainly wasn't a "proposal." Just thinking out loud, that's all.

Thanks for your input. With yours and the other comments here, I think I'll just hang on to good ol' HG 1917, and dream of replicas.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JcodeBullitt said:
Did you mean something like this?

68 HG Replica
2008 DGH 0545
Show off.:lol:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
barry bullitt said:
I wish I had one and if I did I sure wouldn't swap for a new one.
That's what I thought too (my "idea" was "wishful thinking" I think). Love your blue convert! Almost bought one just like it. Oh, and say hello to my cousin up there in Novi! He's an exec over at Ford.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Not. :lol:
That was aimed at Rangerdoc. He has a 69 Coupe that I wouldn't mind having. Especially since he's done a bunch of work on it recently. :grin:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I will swap you my 73 torino dark green 351 cleveland h.o. cobra jet

:)

hi jim,
some time ago I was confronted with a similar situation..... friend of a friend had a 70 boss 302 in driver condition # 3 a really nice car but not a show/show car, he wanted some cash and dhg 1994 in trade for his boss 302....I think that was back in 2002 , because the bullitt wasnt even a year old...after some consideration , I decided to keep dhg 1994 and with the exception of how the boss's have taken off in value, I don't regret it one bit.... as much as i miss my original boss, it just wouldnt have been the same ...now if it was MY original boss 302 ... ;-)

You know what they say jim, keep smiling...it makes everyone wonder what u are up to
F E A F E F H .......

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
A simple "no way in the world" would've sufficed. :lol: I was just asking a question, Jimmy. Now I know. Thanks heaps.

Sorry.... You asked.... "No way in the world" doesn't bring out the feelings that "OH hell NO" does.... I'm feeling kind of guy:lol:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jimmy Ray said:
Sorry.... You asked.... "No way in the world" doesn't bring out the feelings that "OH hell NO" does.... I'm feeling kind of guy:lol:
Well... hell. I guess you're right, Jimmy. It does have more impact. :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts