Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard Synthetic is the way to go for stangs... is this true? which weight/brand is best?

thanx in advance...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use mobile 1 10w30

·
Registered
714 Posts
Castrol Syntec 5w-30 here. Hey Paliach, why don't you take a picture of that flaming pony in your grill and put it on here. I was thinking of putting one on too.

Jay, Irvine CA
True Blue #4660
Vortech supercharged / Steeda Tri-Ax / Ford alum D/S / 30mm wheel spacer / Xenon rear spoiler / Powerslot rotors & Hawk HPS pads / MGW interior

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2001-11-28 22:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also use Mobil 1 5w30.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I also use Mobil 1 5W30. I just have heard to many good things about it.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
What about oil change intervals using synthetics?
I have heard up to 10K and even 15K.
I'll begin using synthetic with my 2nd oil change and was planning on every 5K.
Anyone heard anythin on this?
What about warranty issues using synthetics for periods longer than what is specified in the manual?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I believe the recommended manufacturers (Mobil) intervals are 6 months or 6,000 miles. They used to say 1 year with almost unlimited miles. The stuff is literally indestructible. I'm switching as soon as I take my car out of storage next spring. Oil change at a whopping 700 mile interval.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I also use Castrol Syntec 5W30. As for intervals I do an oil & filter change every 5000. It's a very safe interval with synthetics and is also super easy to remember when the next change is due. I rotate the tires on the same 5K schedule.

·
Registered
448 Posts
5W30 Mobil 1 for mine also! :grin: Every 5,000 miles at service time.

:bullitt:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
5w-20 motorcraft synthetic blend. I was told it is not a great idea to put 5w-30 into a motor that calls for 5w-20

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use Mobile 1 5-30 A few years back I read an article in comsumers report where they were testing synthetic motor oil and they gave it high marks they went on to say that Castrol was not a true synthetic as Castrol claimed Steve Bullitt#5499 Densecharger Zaino

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt5499 on 2001-11-30 19:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use 5W-20, exactly what the owner's manual calls for. Using anything other than that, may damage the engine. The oil has to get to all of the moving parts very quickly, and using thicker oil lessens the changes of the oil moving quickly to all of the internal moving parts. Getting 5W-20 here in town has been a little difficult at the moment, since so few vehicles even require it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazyboykc on 2001-11-30 23:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazyboykc on 2001-11-30 23:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazyboykc on 2001-11-30 23:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
533 Posts
Extended oil drains are recognized and allowed by the manufacturer under warranty provided you conduct oil analysis. You must use an approved lab that has an extended drain interval program. "WEARCHECK" is a good one and you can view your account online. I use 5W30 also. As stated earlier, the 5W20 was a spec for better fuel economy and reduced emissions.

·
Registered
533 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-01 10:50, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
Where did you read that at?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Read What?

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-01 09:48, whiskycreek wrote:
Extended oil drains are recognized and allowed by the manufacturer under warranty provided you conduct oil analysis. You must use an approved lab that has an extended drain interval program.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Where did you read that the manufacture agrees to extended oil drains?

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Nice site whiskycreek,
However I doubt if Bob the oil guy speaks for Ford on extended oil changes. I could not find anything on that site about extended changes, I probably missed it. I will go back later when I have more time. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts