Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been having a squeaking noise coming from the clutch/bellhousing area after the engine has warmed up. It was a squeak that went along with the rpm of the engine. Now, after it had started squeaking, I could ease the clutch in by about an inch or so and the sound went away then and there.
I have since taken 00482 to the Ford hospital and they have deduced that it is the T/O bearing and that they are going to replace it. That was two days ago. Now Ford Service Dept. is saying that the arm in which the T/O bearing goes in is also worn and that they have to/would like to replace that as well. So, by Friday Dec. 21st I will have 00482 back in my posession to see if in fact they solved the problem.....

I felt it a duty to all of you to know about this situation...

·
Registered
198 Posts
actually with ford's recent woes with T/O bearings, i'm surprised ther aren't more reports of T/O problems...

its a relatively easy repair.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I've gotta bring 171 in for a similar problem. However mine only makes really bad noises when you don't have the clutch fully depressed. When it's completely in it whines a little bit but in the transition from fully engaged to fully disengaged it makes a pretty bad noise. Kinda like a machine bearing would if it was run dry.
Hopefully this won't take long. i'm gonna shoot for next week or the very beginning of next year.
Gotta get it in before the snow falls!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
#3855 had clutch assembly replaced for same problem....sqealing bearing when clutch was not engaged...clutch engaged and sound went away.picked up car and next day noise was back even with new clutch assembly...also temperature selector was replaced because it kept popping out on the heating side..car had 2250 miles on it...nothing like breaking all factory seals on $28000 car before first oil change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-22 11:39 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts