Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a t56 tranny on my 2001 mustang bullitt and i wanted to get some gears wich gears wood b good for that tranny

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
My 01 Cobra had a t56 tranny...i always wanted to run 355 gears an thought it wood be a good combo...hope this helps...the stock gears were 327.....

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
I'd get 4.10's or even 4.30's since you got the extra gear for cruising.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
KNowing which T-56 will help. The stock Cobra tranny has a 2.66 1st gear. The FRPP model has a 2.97 first gear.
Charles how did you get soo knowledgeable about transmissions? Just courious. I used to know ratios and gear cut etc, about GM ie. T-10 close ratio 2.20 vs 2.56 1st and the old (Rock Crucher - and I complain about a little tranny noise) lol.
Back in the Day. Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the tranny is from d&d perfomance the gear ratio the tranny are 1st 2.97 2nd 2.07 3rd1.43 4, 1.oo 5, .80 6, .62

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Bullistic said:
Charles how did you get soo knowledgeable about transmissions?
Because at some point I know my 3650 is bound to take a dump and this will be the replacement (I hope). :lol: Numbers tend to stick in my head.

Are you interested in drag racing, road racing? Is this a daily driver? Do it see much highway use?

This info will get some people giving you some good responses.

And welcome to IMBOC!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Because at some point I know my 3650 is bound to take a dump and this will be the replacement (I hope). :lol: Numbers tend to stick in my head.

Are you interested in drag racing, road racing? Is this a daily driver? Do it see much highway use?

This info will get some people giving you some good responses.

And welcome to IMBOC!
Well Chuck when you do get rid of it I sure would appreciate you letting me know.

I'm looking for one along those lines to tear in to and see what makes it all tick. I dont need a good unit to do that with.

THANKS !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a daily driver and onces and a wile go street race and it allso drive on the highway alot

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I have the FRPP T56 from D&D in my Bullitt along with 3.73 gears. Seems very good overall. If you don't do a lot of highway driving or don't care about your rpm's when cruising on the highway/interstate then 4.10s would be fun. I like the 3.73s for overall driveability.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i just wanted to see wht gears wood ppl wood go with the t56 thanks for the help every one i have 410 on the car when i had the stock 3650 but i never got to try out the 410 with that tranny cuz i didnt have 3rd gear and i ended up wit a t56 i just wanted to see if i should go wit a nother set of gears do u have to b a supporting member to put up pics on here?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
0ron1 said:
well i just wanted to see wht gears wood ppl wood go with the t56 thanks for the help every one i have 410 on the car when i had the stock 3650 but i never got to try out the 410 with that tranny cuz i didnt have 3rd gear and i ended up wit a t56 i just wanted to see if i should go wit a nother set of gears do u have to b a supporting member to put up pics on here?
To host the pics on this site, yes, you have to be a supporting member to do so. However, you can still post pics that are hosted elsewhere (like Photobucket). Just place the URL of the image inbetween the img tags like below.
Code:
[img]your url here[/img]

·
Registered
494 Posts
The 6th gear is roughly the same as the 3650 tranny. Only if you get the .50 gear for 6th would you see benefit of the double overdrive. BTW I do have a D&D T56 with 4.10's

Chad

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I would think the 3.73 would be a nice setup with the 2.97 first. Dont get to crazy with the ratio even though its a 6 speed. I ran a 2.95 first and a 3.73 in my 87 at one time and it was great. Anything higher I think would be to much unless you are drag racing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts