Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all u guys with the blacked out tailights! r these covers or r they whole assemblies? i would also like to know were to buy these.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
chris1984 said:
all u guys with the blacked out tailights! r these covers or r they whole assemblies? i would also like to know were to buy these.
The tailights on #0005 were tinted before I bought the car. MRaburn said it is a film, not a mechanical cover. I can't remember who makes the film..I will e-mail him & ask because I've had a lot of people around here ask about it too....John R

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does ur bullitt make to the wheels? i just bought a similar setup with the sq and 10psi. how r the 3.73 gears i still have the stock ones because i drive highway most days. do they make a huge diff with the vortech compared to 3.27?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I used some of the cling tint and made mine. They have been on for over a year: rain, shine, car washes etc. Very easy to remove and replace as well. Walmart has a roll for about 12 bucks. That's a whole lotta covers! :grin:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bullitt2436KM said:
I got mine from StangMods.com-they are a thick film cut to fit the lights---heres a link:
http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang_Tail_Light_Tint_p/00338.htmi I put them on probably 6 months or more ago and they are holding up great and were relatively easy to put on, i have the smoked ones, not the black out.

With the lights on

Wow!!!!!!!! Beautiful car Kev!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
chris1984 said:
what does ur bullitt make to the wheels? i just bought a similar setup with the sq and 10psi. how r the 3.73 gears i still have the stock ones because i drive highway most days. do they make a huge diff with the vortech compared to 3.27?

It was dynoed back in 2002 at 410 rwhp. I have not run it or dynoed it since I bought it. I plan on running a few passes this summer. I'll update after I do. I love the 3.73 gears but keep in mind I have the T56 6 speed so my 6th gear is .62:1, where yours is .68:1 (I think). I never drove the car with the stock gears so I can't give you a head to head comparison. I can tell you that 1st gear is a joke and 2nd is too with the vortech. 3rd was pretty funny too, but with the 295/35ZR18's its better now. I haven't had the car very long but there are guys here who have lots of Vortech experience. Mr.Bullitt has had his for a while, among others. No matter what you do, you will love it....John R:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I have the plastic covers. They look good but I only use them at shows. After you take them off a time or two the velcro won't hold and they blow off. I need to get the overlays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts