Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I recieved a call from the swtich today telling me that they've got me into the Lucent class I was requesting but there's a catch. It's next week and in Florida. So.. I'll be taking 171 on it's first real Road trip.. Chicago to Orlando.. So I'll be quite absent for the next week or so. But maybe I can meet up with a couple of the Fl. Bullittheads while I'm down there. I'm leaving Wed nite/Thurs Morn and stopping in Jacksonville for the weekend.. then it's off to class in Altamonte Springs for a week and back home again. Ah... The call of the wide open road.. Time to start packing!!

1. Radar Detector..
2. Make sure you have Radar detector..
3. Clothing..
4. Beer money.
5. Did you remember your radar detector?

I'm all set!!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
have a safe AND fun trip Blak!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Blakwing, -
Get a Laptop and bring it with you or maybe the hotel you're staying at will have internet access in the rooms or lobby...we'll miss otherwise...
PS - I hope you don't work for Lucent...
Lucky for me I sold my Lucent stock a long time ago before the nose dive but now own a lot at it's new low almost non-existent price just in case...

Black Bullitt # 02627 & Frank #0001 then they stopped production -
Montvale, New Jersey

1,169 Posts
If you are still in Orlando next weekend there is a place called "Old Town" They have a cruise on Friday and Saturday nights rain or shine.I could me you there?
Old Town is in Kissimee Fl. just minutes from Orlando.
Or next week we can meet up with a few Bullitts and go to Orlando Raceway?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I'm only about 30 minutes from Altamonte myself. Maybe Wednesday you can hit Speedworld for some ice scating :grin: It's only about 35 minutes from Altamonte

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I've definitely got a laptop.. 2 of em to be precise.. I'll be at teh Embassy Suites. Nice place.. Free cooked to order breakfast and a free no limit Happy hour from 5 to 7. the only problem with internet access is I have to get a dial up and I don't think my ISP has local #'s in Florida. Blue Light.com here I come again!!!

Either that or surfin' off my cell at 14.4! WOOOOEEEEEE!!!!

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-21 17:53, Blakwing wrote:
Oh I've definitely got a laptop.. 2 of em to be precise.. I'll be at teh Embassy Suites. Nice place.. Free cooked to order breakfast and a free no limit Happy hour from 5 to 7. the only problem with internet access is I have to get a dial up and I don't think my ISP has local #'s in Florida. Blue Light.com here I come again!!!

Either that or surfin' off my cell at 14.4! WOOOOEEEEEE!!!!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
If your saying at the Embassy Suites on International Dr. you'll love it! I'v stayed there many times.The Breakfast is great!But the happy hour drinks are watered down! If you like chinese there is a place on Internatioal Dr. called "Bill Wong's World Famous Buffett" It's GREAT!

Let us know the day's your staying in Orlando? I think we can have a small BULLITT gathering.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually it's the Embassy suites in Altamonte Springs off of I4 and 426(I think that's the route).
I'll be there from Monday thru Friday. I'm staying with Friends on the weekends. I'd love to meet a few Fl. Bullittheads while I'm there. Last time I was there I ate at a place called Race Rock. It's a pretty cool themed restaraunt. I'll be up for going anywhere though. Class is from 8 am to 4pm. After that the time is all mine.
And to answer an earlier question.. Nope.. I don't work for Lucent.. thank God. ALl those layoffs would have me scared sh*tless. I work for PrimeCo in Chicago. We're a local Cell provider and we use all of Lucent's equipment. 5E switches, Mini and Mod cells, etc.

I should be leaving tomorrow late morning and going through Indiana.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-08-21 19:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
396 Posts
Let me also know when you are here in Fl. I'm 1 hr away on the east coast in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral. It would be great to get the Fl Bullittheads together to meet up with you and have some fun. I'm game for anything.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Blak, the fine in fla is or was 10$ per mile over the posted limits. So be careful Bro!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Your probably talking I4 and 436. You need to head up the road about 5 miles and eat at Carrabba's Italian Grill. If you like steak they have a Sirloin Marsala that just plain kicks ass. Just go north on 436 maybe 3 or 4 miles from I4, take a right on 434, go maybe 1 1/2 miles. I think the shopping center it is in is Jamestown Plaza, it's on the right side of the street.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would like to interject just one word....
Ladies, cover your eyes!

T o p l e s s
I forgot..we dont have convertibles!LOL!!HeHe

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh.. You mean Club Juana just down the street. Not that I know anything about such places.. But I think I remember reading about it someplace once. :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
The strip clubs are not what they used to be around here. But from where your at, go south on 436 about 4 miles, take a right on 17-92, down about a block on the right :grin:

After that, you can continue the same direction on 17-92 about 5 miles and stop by Don Ried Ford where I bought my car. After you leave there, go down a little farther, to Lee Road, take a right (can't take a left) go about a block and have lunch at Bubbalou's Barbeque. They have great pork sandwiches, stay away from the Killer sauce though :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-08-22 05:19 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ROFL Blak, of course you've just "heard" about that club from somewhere. all of us KNOW that you would NEVER have any personal knowledge of such establishments!!!
cough......cough

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
of course fred, you've only HEARD that from heresay and gossip!!!
seriously, Blak, fred, 01, and others.... we'd love to see some pics of your Bullitts together in Florida if you guys are able to get together!!
(in order to protect the "innocent", i'd be careful what parking lot you are in when you take the pics!)

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Mapquest and my DeLorme Map progam lied to me. They said 18 and 21 hrs. respectively to get down here. Well I headed out at 2pm CST and Arrived safe and sound 14 1/2 hrs later. The ride was awesome and teh seats were a lot more comfortable then I had expected for the long haul.. I was worried about the leather being too hot but it was just a smidgen on the warm side. And I hardly fidjeted at all whil driving. The seats were a welcome relief. I made Chicago to Nashville in 6hrs and better time there-after. I'm also expecting to hear form the Kentucky state police sometime in the future. They had those automated radar signs up that tell you how fast you're going and that you should slow down.. well the last one I passed I decided to nail it by. I tripped it at 88 in a 55 and as I did that the Numbers on teh sign flashed red then there were 3 bright strobe flashes before I passed it and right after. Oh well. Hope they got my good side! :smile:
Anyhow. I'm in Jacksonville for the next few days and will be moving on to Altamonte Monday. So drop me a line here or at my yahoo acct. [email protected] and hopfully I can hook up with some of you sunshine bullittheads. :smile:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey Blakwing, did you make it to Central Florida. Haven't heard from you. Let us know if you want to get together.
Fred

Bullitt 369
1996 Lazer Red COBRA
Cape canaveral Fl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT 369 on 2001-08-27 11:55 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts