Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., I've got the tap on 1796. I've been trying to figure out when it happens. It seems that the car has to be hot first. From what I've read I can get the computer flashed to be rid of the problem. Does anyone know at what serial number the "02" flash starts, (Is 1796 an "01")? I'd like to hear if people that have had their computers flashed are happy with the results? Any power loss? Is whatever causes the tapping even damaging the engine?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked on the passenger door. You mean #105101? Is the 01 what you're talking about? There is also a bigger letter number mix: KSG1?

·
Registered
8 Posts
KSG1 is the computer code, it means you have the old flash. Its interesting.. I have #1823 and it has the KSG2 code. They must have switched over at around 1800 or so!

Scott

·
Registered
959 Posts
My #66 has the 01 code and I have not had a hint od pinging on regular gas in the Houston heat so I will leave mine alone. If you are not having drivability problems, I would recommend leaving it alone.

Brian

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems to be doing it less and less. One guestion still unanswered: is it harming the car? Also gearheads, what's (most likely) causing the tapping sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts