Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figure I'll have my wife start it and let it warm up every 2 weeks, and drive it around the block once a month:shock: .

Any other suggestions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Carefull -- she might get attached to it!

Especially if she drives it enough to evaporate all the water out of the exhaust system before shutting down...

Good luck on your deployment.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Seafoam or Sta-bil. If it's sitting outside, a good wax.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
This brings back memories. I remember when I left my '76 Cutlass in long term parking at Norfolk for a 6 month deployment. The parking lot was basically an empty field. I had leave just before we left and I remember just parking it and running to the ship. When I got back I forgot that I left the battery connected and didn't think I would get it started. It cranked but it wouldn't turn over. I popped the hood, pulled the weeds out of the engine compartment, opened up the carb, and shot some starter fluid into it that I borrowed from the guy next to me. It turned over on the next try. Life was so much simpler back then. :smile:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlueBullitt2180 said:
Seafoam or Sta-bil. If it's sitting outside, a good wax.
Just put some sea-foam in the tank? And i'm not sure i want to wax it when it's like 30* and under, but it would be a good idea.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I hardly ever drive my 01 TB Bullitt because it has only 8100 miles. When we fill it up, we put in seafoam or sta-bil if seafoam is not available. You might buy her an extra in case she drives it enough to run out a take of gas. (I know that I would, lol.) Do you have a hobby shop on base? You could take it inside and wax it there. That's what we do when it's cold. The car wash is just outside our hobby shop so we wash and dry then drive inside.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think we'll be seeing a new two BULLITT family here, upon return from deployment. She'll never give it up, you know!!!

Oh, Plus 1 on the Seafoam. Big No-no to the Sta-bil.

PS: Be Safe!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why not sra-bil? When I put mine away last nov I topped off the fuel and added sta-bil. Just started it for the first time last weekend, no problems. I was worried that the battery might be drained, but no problems. It fired right up, cant wait for the snow to go away 14 degrees this am on the way to work, and about 10 inches of snow on the ground. Dan

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mobil 1 makes an extended oil that is good for one year or 15,000miles. You might think about changing the oil and getting a [email protected] FILTER. Just an idea.
You will be in our prayers. I was in the Fist Gulf War. 1990-1991. I was activated for 300 days even.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Dan Busch said:
Why not sra-bil? When I put mine away last nov I topped off the fuel and added sta-bil. Just started it for the first time last weekend, no problems. I was worried that the battery might be drained, but no problems. It fired right up, cant wait for the snow to go away 14 degrees this am on the way to work, and about 10 inches of snow on the ground. Dan
I agree. Before parking the car, I add sta-bil to the tank to stabilize the fuel. When the car is ready to be started again, you can add sea foam to the tank to clean out the fuel system/engine. I've done this with my cars and Harley and have had no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts