Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

OK, I am not a professional mechanic or anything but I know the basics and learn more all the time. What I want is to know everything about our engine and all of it's system,s. I want to know what Im looking at under the hood and understand the function and purpose of everything.

So, can anyone point me in the right direction for manuals, parts lists, schamatics, or even courses for that matter?

Some specific things I would like to understand better is the difference, if any, between the effect of using a timeing adjuster vs. changing the spark curve electronically?
How does the MAF work and what perameters are used to determine what is 'rich' and what is 'lean'? How can we correct for either situation?
On the back of our intake we have a hose connected that says GAS/FUEL. It runs all the way back to the fuel pump area. Is this where our gas tank draws air from as the gas level drops??

See I'm a curious fellow and I need help. (Lots of it!)

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can answer your question about the timing adjuster. I installed it in mine for two reasons. First, the Ford computer system used to allow what is called an "octane adjustment" This basically adjusted the timing. My tech cannot do this with the Bullitt or any new Mustang GT. The option would be the "super chip" enhancement. I have heard too many horror stories about these. The Bullitt's computer was tuned differently at the factory so the chip designed for the GT may not provide the optimum tuning for Bullitt. The timing adjuster allows for adjustmentthat can be altered with the turn of a socket. You can set it at factory setting for normal driving and then crank it up for higher performance. Just make sure that when it's set high that you use premium fuel only! Hope this helps. Good luck and happy motoring!

·
Registered
663 Posts
The best way to have access to the information you are after is to buy the Ford service manual set (including the electrical wiring diagram, EVTM). OR, you can do what I did. Work for Ford as mechanic for 11 years. The books are faster. :-B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts